A nationally recognized leader in rehabilitation and complex care, West Park Healthcare Centre helps people recovering from serious injury and illness get their lives back. The specialized rehabilitation provided at West Park empowers patients with the skills, knowledge and confidence to lead productive and independent lives in the community.
To meet the rising demand for its services, West Park is redeveloping its 27-acre Toronto campus, including construction of a new, state-of-the-art hospital slated to open its doors in 2023.
West Park Foundation has launched the $80 million Get Your Life Back Campaign – the largest fundraising endeavour in the history of West Park – to support the capital costs of the new hospital. The Foundation is looking for a highly-motivated, creative individual to join its team. Reporting to the Director, Communications & Marketing, the Communications Officer will support the donor ask across the organization through the development of high-quality communication products for a wide-range of print and electronic media.
- Work with the Director, Communications & Marketing to develop and execute impactful communications strategies to support the Foundation’s capital campaign, annual program and signature special events.
- Research, write and edit compelling major gift proposals, donor reports, newsletter stories, letters, website and social media content, and other copy as required.
- Develop and maintain a content library of research and clinical achievements, program summaries, patient stories and other material.
- Manage the Foundation’s social media accounts, developing strategies and content to raise the profile of Foundation initiatives.
- Provide communications support to Foundation special events.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of communication products.
- Demonstrated exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to translate complex information into an accessible, compelling narrative
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize in order to meet specific goals and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills; ability to use Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Photography skills an asset
- Ability to work in a manner that exemplifies the core values of West Park: Excellence, Respect, Trust, Collaboration and Accountability
- Degree or diploma in communications, marketing or related field
- 2 – 5 years experience in communications, including planning, writing and editing and digital communications
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundraising and/or healthcare environment desirable
Submit your resume and cover letter to: FoundationJobs@westpark.org
Please include ‘Communications Officer’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: March 8, 2019
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.