Posted On: 2019-02-08
Closing On: 2019-02-28
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you see yourself in an organization which plays a key role in caring for generations of families? Do you thrive in a setting where strategy, fundraising, business plan execution and team work frame your day to day activities? Are you a ‘roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done’ type of person whose work ultimately drives the success of an entire organization? Do you want to work on team who makes a difference to the lives of over half a million Torontonians?
If you said yes to these, then North York General Foundation wants you.
About North York General Foundation
Constantly redefining what it means to be a ‘community hospital’, North York General is a multi-site acute, ambulatory and long term care network for our diverse community, an incubator for applied research, an innovation spring board in the health care landscape and destination for philanthropy. At North York General Foundation, our team of creative and dedicated professionals support raising and stewarding funds for our incredible Hospital. Building on the success of our $150 M ‘Campaign for North York General’, we are driving towards the future, planning and investing in programs and infrastructure that will transform how our Hospital delivers exceptional care to our growing community.
Description of the position
Reporting to the VP, Philanthropy, the Business Development Officer is a vital part of the Philanthropy team focused on meeting annual business objectives. S/he has the responsibility for implementing the fundraising strategy for the Corporate & Community Engagement portfolio. The role specifically focuses on acquisition and retention of supporters and actively seeks opportunities to expand the Foundation’s reach in order to drive corporate and community revenue growth.
- Achieve revenue growth through the identification, acquisition and retention of new corporate and community partnerships.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships and prospective partners
- Actively manages a portfolio of key accounts, ensuring that the business objectives of both the North York General Foundation and our corporate and community partners are achieved.
- Know and apply best practices in the art of business development.
- Continuously researching market data/information and seizing upon new potential opportunities.
- Develop and execute long-term plans based upon strong business acumen and deep comprehension of industry trends, while prioritizing objectives in order to leverage short-term opportunities.
- Create fully integrated philanthropic and revenue enhancement opportunities to position North York General Foundation as charity of choice.
- Proactively approach corporate and community prospects from a variety of sectors maximizing support by providing a cadre of giving options such as; signature event sponsorship, employee engagement opportunities, third party activities, corporate matching programs, cause marketing initiatives and multi-year commitments.
- Secure a minimum of 12 meaningful meetings/calls per month with a wide range of prospects.
- Utilize a variety of tools (social platforms and traditional mediums) to generate leads and acquire industry champions.
- Effectively negotiate the contract process for partnerships precisely detailing benefits to be received by both parties.
- Support the development of the prospect pipeline and tracking moves management to meet forecasting activities annually, inform long - term planning and increase overall revenue growth.
- University or college degree.
- At least three years of related experience; fundraising, sales, community and corporate partnerships.
- Must have a proven track record in sales – closing the deal.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Preferred experience working with Raisers’ Edge fundraising software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A flexible and adaptable approach with an ability to work in a fast paced and growth environment.
- Highly developed organizational skills and problem-solving abilities with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Must have valid Ontario driver’s licence and own vehicle
We offer a comprehensive compensation/benefits package, a professional working environment, and an opportunity to grow with an organization that has been recognized as the employer of choice in the not-for-profit sector.
To apply for this role please forward your CV and Cover Letter to FoundationCareers@nygh.on.ca by February 28th , 2019 at 4pm. Please reference “Business Development Officer” in the subject line.