Posted On: 2019-02-08
Closing On: 2019-02-22
Employment Type: Contract
WWF, the global conservation organization, is one of the World’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. WWF has a global network active in over 100 countries with almost 5 million supporters.
WWF-Canada connects the power of a strong global network to on-the-ground conservation efforts across the nation with a mission to reverse the decline of wildlife by working toward:
All freshwater ecosystems and the wildlife that depend on them in good condition.
Healthy marine ecosystems on all three coasts.
A vibrant and ecologically sound future for the Arctic.
Resilient communities across the country that enhance nature.
The Manager, Community Campaigns has proven campaign management and execution, results analysis, data segmentation and online fundraising experience. As a member of our Community Giving and Marketing team, this role works closely with Communications, Digital, Development, and Donor Relations teams to bring species adoptions, e-store revenue, digital fundraising, and P2P fundraising campaigns to life to achieve acquisition, retention and fundraising objectives.
This is a 1-year maternity leave position and is ideal for an energized manager who thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. In this role you will engage with many internal and external partners and contribute to WWF-Canada’s mission in Canada and the global WWF network.
- Manage the execution of species adoption campaign(s), the expansion of WWF-Canada e-store, CN Tower Climb and Third-Party plan and strategies to deliver fundraising goals and objectives.
- Serve as Community Giving point person for all digital paid campaigns across programs
- Manage campaign design and strategy focused on increasing revenue and participant engagement from creative brief stage through to execution and results reporting.
- Manage external partners throughout campaign lifecycle, from project briefing, concept development to in-market execution, ensuring messaging is on brand, timely, relevant and in alignment with organizational goals, through to post-analysis of final results.
- Leverage data insights to engage and increase donor acquisition, participation and campaign revenue growth.
- Prepare and manage work back schedules, campaign budgets including review of estimates and invoices.
- Monitor, analyze and report on campaign results against goals and objectives.
- Develop internal guidelines for the effective and efficient delivery of new and existing community campaigns and events, from recruitment through to stewardship.
- Identify, manage and approach new event prospects and community engagement fundraising opportunities.
- Manage portfolio budget including financial commentary, reporting and forecasting.
- Participate in team and cross-functional projects as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Event Planning, Project Management, Marketing or Fundraising combined with 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Experience managing and executing event and grassroots fundraising and integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Strong project management capabilities and high attention to detail; comfortable working under deadlines and producing key deliverables.
- Understanding of digital fundraising and components of strong campaigns.
- Proven ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Experience briefing and managing external partners in developing plans and assessing performance.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written, with a focus on strong writing, editing and proofreading.
- A hands-on team player who can work independently while maintaining excellent levels of communication with internal departments, to obtain buy-in of ideas.
- Strong interpersonal skills; an effective and respectful communicator who can achieve the desired results by encouraging and supporting the contributions of others.
- Strong analytical and data skills, including data segmentation techniques.
- Manage, coach, establish performance goals and development plans for direct reports
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office and working knowledge of Raiser's Edge.
- Knowledge and understanding of CRA receipting guidelines and fundraising best practices.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
This is a 1-year maternity leave replacement role based out of our Toronto office.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity, you may submit your application either through our online portal or direct mail. Please submit your application using one method only.
You can submit your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE.
Attn: Human Resources Department
410 Adelaide St West
Toronto, ON M5V 1S8
If you are submitting an application via direct mail, please include your answers to the following questions:
- Apart from its mission, what makes WWF-Canada an employer of choice for you?
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- What are your salary expectations?
- How flexible are your salary expectations?
- Where did you see this posting?
- Please acknowledge your understanding that this role is a 1-year contract position replacing a maternity leave.
Deadline to Apply
Please ensure that your application is received on or before February 22, 2019, 5pm Toronto time.
Commitment to Diversity and Accessibility
WWF-Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
WWF-Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining WWF-Canada. Given the volume of applications received, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will contact only those candidates selected for interviews and thank you for your understanding.