The Foundation at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MANAGER, MAJOR GIFTS - FULL TIME
You are a Major Gifts fundraising professional with a proven track record in designing and managing complex donor and fundraising initiatives requiring collection and synthesis of input and data from a wide range of sources. You are able to work effectively with a diversity of stakeholders, including physicians, and senior leadership for major donor initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develops and manages a portfolio of 100 Major Gifts donors and prospects
• Builds relationships with the assigned donors, designing and executing strategic cultivation and soliciting plans for all assigned prospects.
• Manages and supports Major Gifts donor activities, prepares effective briefing notes and other campaign materials.
• Works with internal team members, external legal counsel, etc. to negotiate and structure complex Major Gifts.
• Develops donor recognition and stewardship strategies for assigned donors, including special communications, events, naming opportunities, media advertorials, etc., in collaboration with the Baycrest Foundation team.
• Liaises with other Foundation teams to identify cross-prospect and donor opportunities.
• Identifies recruits and deploys key staff, volunteers, Board members to support Major Gifts initiatives.
• Monitors performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of Major Gifts initiatives.
• Plans campaign projects and events, such as Major Gifts donor cultivation initiatives, in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer and other members of the team.
• Engages senior lay leaders and other fundraising partners to maintain momentum on various projects.
• Contributes to corporate strategic direction and operational initiatives success through participation on key organizational committees.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Demonstrated success in donor development planning, proposal development and donor solicitation, gift closure and stewardship.
• Completion of a University degree, and minimum of 3 (three) years of Major Gifts fundraising experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building-skills, and natural ability to exert influence, develop personal and effective working relationships and inspire confidence and trust in donors, leaders and stakeholders.
• Strong project management skills, and ability to work in a time-sensitive, goal-oriented and deadline-driven environment.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, consensus-building and conflict resolution skills.
• Knowledge and experience in working with the Jewish community an asset.
• Experience in working with diverse ethno-cultural donor groups an asset.
• Enthusiastic self-starter who is able to function well in the Baycrest Foundation’s collaborative, team-oriented environment and liaise with Baycrest Centre’s senior program and clinical leaders.
• Knowledge of development software (i.e. Raiser’s Edge), online databases and other sources to locate financial and philanthropic information.
• High level of technical literacy in the Microsoft suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, MS Project).
• Knowledge of legislation, regulations, legal and ethical standards/requirements relevant to the profession.
• Ability to use discretion, judgment and tact in handling sensitive/confidential information and situations.
• Certificate in Fundraising Management or equivalent is an asset.
To apply online, please apply online here: https://bit.ly/1GATmqB