Posted On: 2019-02-08
Closing On: 2019-03-08
Location: Richmond Hill
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a Community Events Officer.
Reporting to the Director, Community Giving, the Officer helps drive revenue generation for the community engagement strategy for the $250 million Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign and beyond. The Officer is responsible for recruiting new revenue generating community events and partnerships and building the Mackenzie Health brand image by developing relationships throughout York Region. Guided by data analytics, the Officer plays a critical role in executing special events and engagement strategies with diverse groups of citizens, community groups, schools, small/medium size businesses and employees of York Region and beyond in supporting Mackenzie Health. Together with the Community Giving team, the Officer partners with a team of volunteers dedicated to community giving and focuses on prospects and organizations at the range of $1,000 to $100,000. The Officer with the support of the Community Giving team develops and promotes engagement and stewardship events that deliver an exceptional donor-centric experience in alignment with operations across the Foundation.
- Assists with the development and execution of a community events/outreach recruitment and engagement strategy, budget and key performance indicators in consultation with the Director and Manager.
- Takes an active role in revenue generation by maintaining a portfolio of new and existing community events, cause marketing programs and other partnerships.
- Provides counsel on best practice peer-to-peer fundraising to drive third party event participation and revenue generation.
- Balances prospecting and new event recruitment with existing key event stewardship and development activities
- University degree or college diploma in fundraising or relevant field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in front-line fundraising.
- Strong and authentic relationship management skills with an ability to work with a high degree of initiative, self-motivation and integrity.
- Experience working effectively with fundraising volunteers and diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated track record in community event fundraising.
- Excellent communication, public speaking and networking skills.
- Strong writing skills with an ability to tailor messages to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated professionalism and tact combined with excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to manage priorities and meet deliverables.
- Familiarity working with data analytics and reports.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent)
- A second language is an asset.
- Able to maintain and work with confidential information.
- Foundation staff are required to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by clicking on the following link: https://employment-mackenziehealth.icims.com/jobs/2011/community-events-officer/job
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.