Posted On: 2019-02-08
Closing On: 2019-02-21
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Business Development and Communications Officer
About the Position
Offord Group, a major fundraising and strategy consultancy serving clients across Canada and a member of the Marts & Lundy international group, is seeking a Business Development and Communications Officer to join the Canadian team.
We believe in philanthropy's power to transform and enhance the institutions with which we work and the world in which we live. As a full-service fundraising consulting firm with a client base across Canada and around the world, we have our fingers on the pulse of today's non-profits. We are a recognized leader in helping institutions of all sizes build a "culture of philanthropy” We commit to a culture of forward-thinking teams that implement today’s best solutions while developing tomorrow’s next innovation. See more at: www.offordgroup.com
Offord is looking for a motivated individual with strong writing skills and keen attention to detail to join our Client Services team in a multi-faceted role. Reporting to the Business Manager and working across the firm, the Business Development and Communications Officer will be responsible for:
- Writing the firm’s proposals and sales pitches/presentations in response to requests for potential new clients/business. This includes reviewing client requests (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.) to determine submission requirements, obtaining information from colleagues and other sources, preparing a concise, responsive, logical proposal, and editing and refining the technical sections of proposals ensuring clarity and persuasiveness.
- Performing editorial and technical review as well as proofing of Offord’s business materials, proposals, contracts, sales presentations, ensuring formats are consistent and aligned with the firm’s graphic standards.
- Managing proposal production, packaging, and coordination of delivery ensuring high quality and professional responses that are submitted on time.
- Maintaining internal proposal tracking and documentation through the firm’s CRM system.
Client Services Communications
- Working across the firm with Consultants and the Project Officer, provide quality assurance oversight, editing and proofing for client reports ensuring quality, compliancy, completeness.
- Working with the firm’s communications team, assist with content development for corporate materials and initiatives around marketing and thought leadership (including participation on the development of the firm’s annual magazine).
- Assisting the communications team on client stewardship specifically around satisfaction surveys/tracking and documentation of success stories for references and the development of corporate materials.
The successful candidate needs to be comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment where workflow can shift week to week, from moderate to heavy depending on the number of clients and deliverables. The candidate works well with colleagues, on a team and individually.
The candidate must possess the following:
- Proven ability to write clear, compelling copy. Prior experience as a proposal or grant writer is an asset. Preference given to those with copyrighting, communications, advertising, marketing or journalism experience.
- Exceptional command of the English language: both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated high degree of literacy; i.e. reading for comprehension, ability to make inferences, ability to read and produce documents written at the advanced English level.
- Capacity to multi-task and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- An interest in, and understanding of, the charitable sector and a career interest in consulting.
- A positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and an openness to constructive feedback.
- A strong work ethic, dedicated, self-motivated, resourceful and proactive.
- Can work both autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Has the ability to work with various sources of information to generate relevant documents/reports/presentations/etc.
- Has creative problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills, strong analytical skills and is detail oriented.
- Exudes a professional demeanor around clients and around confidential information/material; professionally represents the firm at meetings/events/etc.
- Possesses an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft 365 products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams, Skype for Business), has strong internet research skills, and is adept at learning new software platforms and programs (Survey Gizmo, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.)
- Can travel to attend company-wide staff conferences (currently two-times per year).
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision/life & disability, employee stock ownership plan, and a generous holiday/vacation policy.
Employment Equality and Accessibility
At Offord Group/Marts & Lundy, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a cover letter, including salary expectations, to email@example.com
Position closes Wednesday, February 21, 2019.