Plan International Canada
Director of Youth Engagement
Full time, permanent
Are you a big picture thinker who can craft a strong and compelling narrative? Do you enjoy grant writing, managing proposals and coordinating teams to develop successful proposals? Are you experienced with prospect research and understanding the landscape of granting agencies? Are you cause-driven and passionate about empowering young people in Canada to achieve their goals? Are you looking to make a difference and shape the future of grants in Canada?
Are you passionate about equal rights for all children and equality for girls? Can you see yourself being an integral member of a team that works towards transforming lives internationally and in Canada?
The Grants Manager plays an integral role supporting initiatives led by the Youth Engagement team and supports the team’s strategy to Ignite the Movement as part of our overall organizational strategy: 20 Million Reasons.
In this role, you will be part of Plan International Canada’s dynamic Youth Engagement team. The Youth Engagement Team is responsible for engaging and empowering young people to drive positive social change in Canada and abroad. You will contribute to this amazing work by supporting a national network of passionate young people interested in leadership and advocacy.
What does success look like?
- Identifies, engages and secures the investment of new and existing Foundation (Private and Corporate) partners, and the support of key government funders
- Proactively identifies and explores new Foundation prospects and maintains existing partnerships with an emphasis on creating value-based partnerships
- Undertakes desk research related to preparing project proposals mainly in the areas of youth engagement, youth empowerment, youth advocacy and gender equality
- Writes, reviews and edits draft project proposals, and coordinate input from other contributors, to ensure they meet donor format and technical requirements
- Manages all aspects of proposal development - including creation of timeline, proposal structure and finalization
- Manages the budget development for annual revenue for all Youth Engagement grants
- Works in partnership with the Finance Department and Director of Youth Engagement to establish a system to track and manage incoming grants and ensure reporting schedules are clearly articulated to the project managers
- Manages, maintain and improve proposal development processes, systems, tools and other information management tools
- Provides analysis and recommendations to the VP, Development on prospective Foundation partners
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Successfully managed budgets and multiple projects, simultaneously coordinating communications across departments and levels within the organization to ensure improved efficiency and return
- Successful track record of securing $1 million+ domestic grants. Experience with assessing, developing, planning, and implementing processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness associated with new business development
- A strong grasp of the granting agency landscape in Canada for domestic programs
- A methodical, organized and strategic approach to prospect and funder research and grant requests
- Experience creating processes and systems, managing multiple projects and producing quality work within tight time constraints
- Fine attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Collaborative and inclusive approaches to work
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to travel within Canada
- Experience leading teams is an asset
Why a career with Plan International Canada?
Are you ready for an opportunity to join one of the largest not for profit organizations in the world? Are you excited about playing an important role in positively impacting the future of millions of children and families globally?
Plan International Canada is a member of a global organization dedicated to advancing children’s rights and equality for girls. We are calling on all Canadians to Defy Normal: to take a stand anywhere children are oppressed, exploited or left behind and girls aren’t equally valued. Together, we can create a world where all unleash their full potential.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are active in more than 70 countries.
Our unique culture fosters a supportive, flexible workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. Join our high performing, diverse team and change your career…positively impact the world! Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca.
How to apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills, experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Grants Manager in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!