Posted On: 2019-02-22
Closing On: 2019-03-25
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: West GTA, Ontario
Since 1985, our client has been making a meaningful difference for thousands of people and their families. They currently serve 1,100 individuals on an annual basis.
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has approved their plans to build and operate a health care facility; therefore, our client is embarking on a $20 million campaign to build a beautiful new facility, in combination with their innovative community programs and commitment to individuals and families. Several advance gifts, totaling several million dollars, have already been secured.
As they embark on this exciting phase of their legacy of caring for people, our client is seeking an experienced Campaign Director to lead the campaign effort. This position is a 3-5 year contract; with the possibility of it developing into a staff position leading all fundraising programs.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Campaign Director will create, implement, lead and manage the comprehensive campaign. Responsibilities include ensuring the campaign has all the necessary plans and materials to implement the campaign, developing the appropriate communications and marketing plan, and managing the day to day efforts of the campaign to ensure it will be successful. The Campaign Director will be the lead person interacting with all volunteer leadership, prospects and donors representing the organization internally and in the community.
- Experience organizing, implementing and leading capital campaigns including the initial planning phase through victory celebrations
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in major gift fundraising/capital campaigns and a proven track record soliciting and closing gifts of $100,000 plus
- Superior planning skills, including managing the communication/ marketing components within capital campaigns
- Excellent donor relations/stewardship skills, with ability to create a Donor Recognition program with appropriate naming and dedication opportunities
- Experience securing government funding for capital projects
- Able to create compelling and appropriate grant proposals
- Exceptional communication (oral and written) skills
- Knowledge of planned giving vehicles and their tax advantages
- Excellent prospect research skills
- Good knowledge of annual giving programs, including event management and sponsorship opportunities
- Clear understanding of how to build a diversified fundraising program
- Knowledge of gift tracking and pledge systems with a fundraising database
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel to meet with donors and prospective donors
- Able to work in the West GTA
- Vulnerable Persons Police Clearance
This search is being conducted on behalf of our client by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting non-profit & charitable professionals for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
By March 25, 2019, apply with your cover letter and resume on our website at http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/dccjob/campaign-director-60/.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.