Posted On: 2019-02-22
Closing On: 2019-03-22
Location: Richmond Hill
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is embarking on a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a full-time Senior Coordinator, Special Events.
Reporting to the Director, Advancement, the Senior Coordinator, Special· Events is part of the Annual and Special Events Team and works cross-functionally supporting all Foundation portfolios to help achieve the Special Events objectives and advance the Foundation's overall goals and objectives.
As a key member of the Events portfolio, the Senior Coordinator provides a wide range of event logistical support. Under the direction of the Director, the Senior Coordinator serves as the primary liaison for activities in support of assigned signature events.
- Execute all aspects for selected signature events including pre-event (budget), strategic planning, day of logistics, post event reporting and stewardship; ensuring high quality, cost effective events executed within established budget; sponsorship solicitation, sales planning, ticket sales and other avenues of revenue generation (i.e. auctions, raffles, donations, etc), follow up reporting and relationship management/stewardship.
- Maintain accurate and timely revenue and expense reports; monitor and evaluate programs and provide post-event analysis to ensure continuous improvement of all events/activities.
- Building and maintaining the prospect pipeline to identify, engage, nurture and grow new and current event sponsors and relationships; formulates and strategizes donor contacts within a moves management system; participates in prospect clearance and review sessions with Major Gift, Annual and Campaign teams to ensure there is no simultaneous engagement of the same prospects.
- Work with the Special Event Team and volunteers with silent/live auction, raffle, registration, invitations and event seating for all signature events.
- Recruit, engage and manage event day-of volunteers.
- University Degree or College Diploma.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in special event fundraising.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge Program preferred
- Knowledge in AKA Raisin or other online fundraising systems.
- HTML experience.
- Possess the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, while handling multiple tasks and interruptions with poise and patience while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in the area of correspondence and report writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both collaboratively within a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve while working independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, take direction and input to develop effective and engaging programs that will achieve the organization's goals.
- Negotiation experience.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate budgets and effectively manage expenses.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and cross-culturally to achieve best results.
- Proactive, with ability to anticipate, communicate and resolve issues with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrate experience in working with and managing volunteers
- Possess the ability to form strong “interpersonal relationship" .
- Must be flexible, capable of exercising good judgment and confidentiality in dealing with volunteers, donors and staff and understanding of the needs of others.
- Strong presentation skills, oral and written are required
- Must have access to a car and must possess a valid driver's license.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants may submit their resume by clicking on the folloiwng link: https://employment-mackenziehealth.icims.com/jobs/2031/senior-coordinator%2c-special-events/job