Posted On: 2019-02-28
Closing On: 2019-03-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
CARE Canada is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Corporate and Community Engagement.
The Senior Manager, Corporate and Community Engagement will be responsible for the development and implementation of CARE Canada’s corporate partnership and community engagement program, lead the Toronto Working Group, and managing a portfolio of CARE Canada’s donors and prospects (corporations, individuals, and foundations), with a particular focus on expanding CARE Canada’s reach in the Toronto market. They will work in close collaboration with other team members across the organization and other CARE International members.
The Senior Manager, Corporate and Community Engagement will develop the strategic direction and plan, measurement and evaluation metrics, management processes, and marketing tools to successfully engage the Canadian corporate sector and develop long-term strategic partnerships that will bring sustainable, predictable support to CARE Canada.
Preference will be given to those based in Toronto in a home office arrangement.
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- Create an environment within CARE's workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works, that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Policy and CI Performance Standards.
What you offer:
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience working in fundraising
- Excellent relationship management skills in supporting donors, volunteers and board members
- Ability to secure major gifts ($5000+) from corporations, individuals, and foundations
- Successful event management experience
- Excellent project management skills
- High level of professionalism and a polished fundraiser
What would make you extraordinary:
- Experience in corporate partnerships
- Knowledge and passion for International Development and Humanitarian Sector
- CFRE Designation
- Raisers Edge or other database management knowledge
- Bilingualism is considered a strong asset
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday office closure
- Full benefits package: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional, confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities, and specialised training
- Flexible work hours
- A family friendly environment
CARE is a leading international humanitarian and development organization dedicated to saving lives, defeating poverty and achieving social justice. Founded in 1945, CARE began delivering CARE Packages to displaced people in Europe following the Second World War. Today, CARE Canada focuses on humanitarian relief; food security and resilience to climate change; sexual, reproductive and maternal health; and economic empowerment. We put women and girls in the centre because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE works in 95 countries around the world, reaching more than 56 million people. To learn more, visit www.care.ca.
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you. Please apply as soon as possible directly at http://bit.ly/2IDYraF before March 15, 2019. Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is selected.
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.