Posted On: 2019-03-01
Closing On: 2019-03-22
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Would you like to make a difference in the lives of youth and Canadians living in poverty? Do you enjoy building partnerships, making an impact, and working with energetic, high-performing teams? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
A critical member of the Resource Development team, the Donor Experience Officer will lead an inspiring stewardship program that demonstrates the importance of our donors support to the success of the Pathways Program.
This is an opportunity to gain experience in donor relations and stewardship, including: executing partnership plans, organizing program tours, hosting employee engagement opportunities, and developing impact reports. The Officer will be responsible for leading a donor stewardship program with excellence, coordinating multiple projects simultaneously, and working collaboratively across fundraising teams.
The successful candidate will have exceptional project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects with tight deadlines. Initiative, a sense of diplomacy, and a positive outlook are all definite assets.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Deepen commitment with Pathways’ donors through various engagement opportunities, including: program tours, activities with alumni and students, and donor meetings;
- Demonstrate Pathways’ impact to our supporters by leading the process for providing impact reports to partners and donors;
- Plan and implement integrated partnership plans and deliverables, including: recognition opportunities, employee engagement activities, and awareness initiatives;
- Meet and exceed the expectations of our donors by maintaining a tracking process for stewardship activities; and,
- Develop further engagement opportunities for Pathways’ donors by working closely with the marketing and communications, alumni, and programs teams.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Excellent project coordination ability and an exacting attention to detail;
- Strong communication and writing skills, with the ability to provide information in a concise, easily understood manner;
- Experience with event coordination and planning;
- Ability to think strategically, work independently, and manage multiple projects in a high volume, results-oriented environment;
- An understanding and commitment to fundraising ethics and donor privacy; and,
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as events dictate.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A truly exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact;
- Opportunities for learning and professional development;
- Competitive base salary, with annual bonus available;
- Comprehensive health benefits package;
- RRSP program; and,
- Four weeks’ annual vacation.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a detailed cover letter and resume with the subject line ‘Donor Experience Officer’ to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 22, 2019.
Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.