The Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at Toronto General Hospital and Toronto Western Hospital as well as their respective research arms, Toronto General Research Institute and the Krembil Research Institute. The Hospitals and the Research Institutes are members of University Health Network (UHN), which also includes Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehab Institute and the Michener Institute. UHN is a major landmark in Canada’s healthcare system and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths of this remarkable Hospital network, the organization brings together the talent and the resources that make it an international leader in healthcare. The Foundation’s vision and mission is to enable global leadership and innovation in health by developing strong relationships with University Health Network stakeholders. Our values are excellence, integrity, accountability, collaboration and donor-centered.
The Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Vice President, Major Gifts.
The successful candidate will have solid administrative experience and is able to manage multiple priorities in a busy office environment. The Executive Assistant must display a professional manner and is comfortable communicating with team colleagues, the President’s Office, Senior Vice President and Chief Development Officer, Board members, hospital management and staff, and donors. This role is critical to the effective operation of the Majors Gifts team providing administrative support, coordination and assistance with the management of the activities of the entire team.
The successful candidate’s core competencies must include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and displays professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of office procedures and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Able to work on complex and confidential issues.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and follow through to effectively manage work flow and improve efficiencies.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, produce accurate work and ensure established deadlines are met.
- Manage the VP’s calendar and schedule meetings to include preparation and travel time.
- Prepare the VP for internal and external meetings including preparing presentations, meeting materials, room bookings, catering, AV requirements, and any special requests by attendees.
- Liaise with the offices of hospital leadership, physicians and other medical staff to arrange complex meetings, tours and donor reports.
- Draft, proof and prepare correspondence, presentations, and other related documents.
- Arrange logistics for attendance at conferences/meetings and any related travel.
- Process expense reports in accordance with financial policies and procedures.
- Keep office organized and operating effectively and efficiently and set up systems to support same.
- Update and retrieve donor information files/database record; maintain database, files and staff records.
- Provide regular accurate and high-quality revenue, budget, and program fundraising activity reports.
- Respond proactively to internal and external requests for information.
- Other duties as assigned which are consistent with job classification.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Over 5 years’ experience in providing senior administrative support
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy and maturity.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and volunteers.
- Unquestionable integrity, sense of judgement and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work in a hectic and results oriented environment.
- Computer literacy: Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), database software and spreadsheet programs; familiarity with Raiser´s Edge a significant asset.
- Experience working in a health care or not-for-profit environment an asset.
Fast pace, service and results oriented environment.
8:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Regular daily hours of work with occasional evenings.
Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues in all positions throughout the Foundation
Shared commitment and support of the overall Foundation goals
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Closing Date: March 19, 2019
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.