Event Sponsorship/Cause Marketing Specialist
1 Full-Time Position
Women’s College Hospital Foundation
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking a dynamic, detail and results oriented Event Sponsorship/Cause Marketing Specialist to join our high-performing Marketing and Community Engagement team in this newly created role.
About Women’s College Hospital Foundation
We are revolutionizing healthcare. Side by side with our donors, community members, staff and medical teams, Women’s College Hospital Foundation (WCHF) raises, manages and invests funds to support Women’s College Hospital in its mission to revolutionize healthcare to ensure a more equitable and sustainable system. WCHF donors contribute generously to help fund equipment, research, and innovative clinical programs that address the unique needs of women and their families while working to close critical health gaps within the system.
A values-driven organization, respect, caring, integrity and partnership are core to who we are and we believe that authenticity and accountability strengthens all that we do. Fueled by our Triple Aim of Philanthropy, Partnerships and People, our vision is to be the charity of choice for advancing health for women in Canada and health system solutions for all.
About Women’s College Hospital
Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is Canada’s leading independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital with a primary focus on the health of women. Founded in 1883 by Dr. Emily Stowe – a suffragist and the first Canadian woman licensed to practice medicine in Canada – our Hospital has earned its distinguished reputation through hard work, commitment, and a pioneering spirit of innovation.
Today, our ongoing achievements and our dedication to improving healthcare are building on that admirable legacy of leading-edge care and unparalleled caring. WCH opened the Hospital of the Future – a new, $555 million, state-of-the-art fully ambulatory facility – in fall 2015.
The opening of our new facility amplified our position as one of the most ground-breaking institutions in the world focused on advancing the health of women and pioneering health system solutions that benefit all people.
WCH is home to one of the only hospital-based research institutes in the world focused on the health of women, and we are fully affiliated with the University of Toronto as one of Canada’s leading teaching hospitals.
Reporting to the Vice President, Chief Community Officer, you are a key member of the Events team responsible for prospecting, cultivating, engaging and retaining sponsors for our proprietary events as well as prospecting, cultivating, securing and retaining partners for cause marketing related initiatives. This role requires the nimbleness to think strategically, creativity to think outside the box in terms of sponsor prospects and marketing savvy in order to inspire or initiate innovative cause marketing partnerships. The incumbent will formulate strategies and close sponsorships/partnerships with a target to raise $500,000 for the funding priorities of Women’s College Hospital.
You have a background in corporate fundraising or marketing; are entrepreneurially-minded; highly motivated; a team player; passionate about healthcare and equity; and enthusiastic about bringing a marketing background to a new and integral role within our community engagement portfolio.
· Account management and strategy development for sponsorship and cause marketing programs
· Develop compelling business proposals that secure support and deliver an outstanding donor experience
· Manage a formalized pipeline of prospects
· Reach a target of $500,000
· Use Raisers Edge as part of the project management and donor clearance process
· Execute innovative onsite activations for sponsors or cause marketing partners
· Create sponsorship presentations and cause marketing presentations and packages
· Collaborate with the Community Engagement team working with Events, Marketing Communications and Stewardship, as well as with the Advancement and Donor Services teams to achieve outstanding results
· Embrace the organizational values of respect, caring, integrity and partnership, supported by being authentic and accountable to yourself and your team.
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Minimum of five years related experience, ideally in a corporate fundraising or marketing/agency environment;
- Minimum university undergraduate degree in business or marketing. Certificates in fundraising, sponsorships or special event management an asset
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office and Raisers Edge
- Proven experience in securing successful sponsorships, cause marketing partnerships
- Exceptional communication and presenting skills; experience writing for marketing and non-profit purposes;
- Creativity and imagination;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to multi-task with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and to work well under tight timelines or changes in priorities;
- Highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented;
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, on occasion;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers and external stakeholders in a collegial environment.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resume and cover letter, stating salary expectations, by March 22, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; we will contact only those applicants selected for further considerations. Please note that submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and therefore early submission is encouraged.