Posted On: 2019-03-11
Closing On: 2019-04-05
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the President & CEO and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Vice President of Development is responsible for leading all organizational fund development activities in support of TO Live’s strategic direction.
Primary responsibilities include revenue generation, external and community relations and fundraising communications. Cultivating and strengthening relationships with the board, community and business leaders. The Vice President will also manage an independent portfolio of high level prospects and supporters to the organization is critical to the success of this role.
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Senior Director of Development to develop and implement both a long-term and annual fundraising and sponsorship plan, with related strategies for TO Live that involves corporate and individual giving, programming and venue sponsorships, government and foundation grants and in-kind agreements.
- Research, plan, implement and direct the activities of the development department towards the goal of maximizing overall net revenues.
- Manage the current Development team with contract and full time staff members, and plan and hire roles that will best serve the revenue targets and strategic goals of the department and organization going forward.
- Develop strategies to expand the development function in order to service the long-term growth objectives of TO Live.
- Prospect and steward all multi-year naming rights revenue for TO Live properties.
- Assist with the creation/development of TO Live’s Foundation.
- Maintain and enhance the profile of TO Live as a premier national location for audiences, influencers, sponsors and donors through effective use of development tools and branding techniques.
- Cultivate relationships with all three levels of government as well as international governments and consulates to maximize contributions towards programming.
- Work across the organization to identify, conceptualize, develop and leverage the TO Live’s offerings and assets. This includes overall sponsorship and recognition architecture including media and other in-kind partners to the organization.
- Research and implement a robust fundraising database and establish policies for recording, maintaining and updating current donor and prospective donor information.
- Set achievable annual development revenue and budget goals in conjunction with the CEO and President.
- Prepare stewardship packages and proposals with a thorough knowledge of TO Live’s ability to deliver client benefits.
- Service and cultivate relationships with current and prospective sponsors at the TO Live. Administer sponsor agreements on behalf of the TO Live.
- In tandem with the TO Live Senior Management team, play a leading role in the creation of the TO Live Strategic Plan, and involvement in the ongoing execution of the mission, vision, and strategic priorities of the company.
- In tandem with the CEO, provide input on key strategic projects that serve to elevate the mission of the company or generate new or evolved sources of revenue for the company.
- Be an active ambassador of TO Live, representing the company at events and programs across the GTA.
- Involvement in other strategic initiatives/duties as assigned by the President and CEO.
- Remain current in areas of responsibility through education courses, professional publications, a professional network, and professional societies.
- Maintain regular communication within the department and other senior staff through meetings and discussion.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure effective coordination of activities and delivery of required objectives.
- Oversee the development and effective management of annual operating budget for each department.
- Ensure all areas of the department are conducting staff training and orientation as required.
- Create a culture where staff feel informed, valued and empowered to give their best.
- Conduct and/or oversee any staff disciplinary action, as well as assess further opportunities for training as required.
- Undertake special projects as assigned and perform other duties as assigned by the President and CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree required with at least 10 years’ experience preferably working in a major cultural arts institution as a senior development professional.
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit environment.
- Skills include strong leadership, interpersonal, team building, negotiating, sales and collaborative.
- Ability to seek out and implement innovative fundraising and sales strategies.
- Have knowledge of state-of-the-art fundraising practices.
- Ability to work in fast paced multi-project environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint in a Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Good knowledge of both individual project and departmental budget processes.
- Flexibility in hours and schedules and include work on nights and weekends as required.
- Lack of natural light in workplace.
- Occasional objectionable odours in workplace.
- Travel between TO Live venues as required.
Previously known as Civic Theatres Toronto, TO Live is one of the city's largest multi-arts organizations, operating three iconic venues and presenting a full range of performing arts, theatrical and concert events in both downtown and uptown Toronto at the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts, St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts and the Toronto Centre for the Arts. With two hubs of creativity and content creation in both downtown and uptown Toronto, TO Live has a unique place and perspective in Toronto. The mission of TO Live is to activate creative spaces by inspiring local and international artists, connect audiences and to be the nexus for new ideas, elevate artistic potential, and be the catalyst for creative expression that is reflective of Toronto's diversity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume for confidential consideration to email@example.com. Please include “Vice President of Development” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
TO Live thanks all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
TO Live is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
TO Live is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Date Posted: March 11, 2019
Application Deadline: April 5, 2019
Start Date: ASAP