Posted On: 2019-03-11
Closing On: 2019-03-22
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Manager, Brand Communications
At Sinai Health Foundation we are on an exciting journey to communicate with Canadians about the incredible care taking place here. We are looking to hire a Senior Manager, Brand Communications to join our team and help bring our story to life.
We are looking for a passionate, confident, solution-oriented communications leader who understands the business goals and strategic plan of the Foundation and can anticipate, plan for and implement communication solutions that maximize value to the Foundation. This position is the first point of contact for client requirements related to written communications and is expected to bring forward broad-based solutions. They will also serve as the Foundation-wide copy editor for all materials, helping to strengthen our brand voice.
This role requires vision and innovation, experience, and collaboration to be part of a passionate and nimble organization working on behalf of the Sinai Health System. Annually we produce two incredible Magazines, and an Annual Report, produce monthly and quarterly newsletters, and have the opportunity to tell stories powerfully and with humanity across all of our channels. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of writing beautiful narrative, serving as a style and tone copy editor, and played an integral role elevating brand awareness with innovative communications solutions.
This individual will also have experience writing direct mail and email copy and will be comfortable writing for a variety of audiences from Major Gift Case Materials through to Annual Direct Mail Campaigns. They will serve as the point person for crafting first person patient, family and healthcare provider stories.
- Lead development and implementation of multi-dimensional communications plans to build awareness of the Foundation, strengthen its image and advance mission and fund development work.
- Understand the intersection of communications and marketing and digital, and integrate with marketing strategy, creative services, digital and social media as appropriate.
- Strengthen the Foundation’s reputation as a leading health charity, with a focus on increasing understanding of the Foundation’s mission, goals, strategies and achievements / outcomes.
- Develop compelling materials that will help bring our organization’s unique strengths to life.
- Serve as the key author of Annual, Leadership and Legacy materials including direct mail letters, follow ups, newsletters and reports.
- Develop compelling key messages including developing fact bases, first person stories and impact statements.
- Build, manage, and sustain internal relationships with a variety of fundraising groups.
- Create a productive and supportive team environment with colleagues; provide leadership and guidance on all brand communications. Actively manage a team of two; provide written content and collaborate actively across the entire Brand & Marketing team.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the Brand & Marketing department and our interactions with colleagues.
- Behave according to the foundation’s values and hold others accountable to do likewise. Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values continuous learning.
- Post-secondary degree, preferably in communications, public relations or in a related field, such as journalism
- Courses in social media, marketing, advertising, graphic design, digital marketing, content marketing an asset
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively senior experience in communications and/or public relations positions
- Proven ability to create and implement strategic communications plans that deliver measurable results
- Exceptional communications skills: listening, oral, written, presentation
- Skilled in a variety of writing forms – i.e. reports, key messages, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, tips for consumers, speeches and PowerPoint presentations
- Creative and resourceful; able to produce high-quality products with limited resources
- Understand and articulate clinical and research concepts and translate them into terms that are understandable, relatable and compelling
- Demonstrated ability to write at an executive level, to conduct in-depth research, to frame editorial stories in a compelling way, and to combine inputs from multiple stakeholders.
Click here to learn more and apply.