Posted On: 2019-03-13
Closing On: 2019-04-05
Effective: April 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we help 1.9 million children each week to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in 22 countries across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
Visit us at www.righttoplay.com.
Right To Play’s Canadian National Office (CNO) is a busy hub, generating funding of $8,500,000 for RTP’s programs in 2018, and providing crucial support in advancing our vision of a healthy and safe world through the power of sport and play. The Finance and Business Operations Officer will play an important role in the development and implementation of the office’s financial and administrative processes, including timely and accurate recording of donations in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and coordinating day-to-day office operations.
This position reports to the Finance and Business Operations Manager and has one direct report.
- Post-secondary diploma or undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business or Finance; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in database management
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in budget analysis and business operations
- Adaptable with the aptitude to work well under pressure, and manage multiple competing and/or changing priorities
- A team player who is collaborative and innovative
- Excellent organizational skills; systematic in follow-through of tasks; diligent, with strong attention to detail
- Results-oriented with a willingness to learn and take initiative
- Demonstrates professionalism and integrity, with strong judgement skills and the ability to exercise discretion and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- General knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and standards preferred
- Extensive experience of working with Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel experience
- Experience working with accounting software such as Sage Accpac
- Extensive knowledge of using database systems such as Microsoft CRM, Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge
- Affinity for the mission and mandate of Right To Play
- Fluency in oral and written English required; fluency in French an asset
Job Responsibility #1: Financial Management (40%)
- Manages CNO’s financial and information systems; develops and implements controls over these systems
- Manages and reports on the fundraising forecast; performs variance and trend analysis on key revenue sources
- In conjunction with the Finance and Business Operations Manager, develops the annual budget and ensures the appropriateness of assumptions
- Tracks expenses against budget; investigates variances and suggests strategies for controlling costs
- Provides timely and accurate monthly management reports to management and Right To Play International
- Works with the CNO’s Event & Sponsorship Manager to develop and manage fundraising event budgets
- Oversees the recording of all donations in Customer Relationship Management database (CRM) in a timely and accurate manner
- Works in conjunction with the Finance and Business Operations Manager to oversee payment of all expenditures flowing through the CNO
- Works with the RTP HQ Finance team on the development of tax-receipting guidelines and financial best practices; works alongside this team on the implementation of financial strategies and protocols in the CNO
- With the assistance of the Finance and Business Operations Assistant provides CNO team with weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting as well as with the production of lists, queries and reports from CRM for fundraising initiatives
Job Responsibility #2: Database Management (35%)
- Oversees the use of Right To Play’s Customer Relationship Management database (CRM) as a donor management tool; trains and supports CNO teams in the proper use of the system
- Develops and maintains reports and purpose-specific database queries as required
- Works with the Global Philanthropy team and the IT Systems and Solutions team to develop best practices for CRM use within the CNO
- Oversees the CNO’s use of RTP’s online donation platform
- Maintains the overall quality and integrity of the CRM database, including working with IT and CNO Fundraising staff to troubleshoot problems and staying current with updates to the system.
- Produces lists, queries and reports from CRM for fundraising initiatives
Job Responsibility #3: Operations Management (20%)
- Develops processes for the efficient execution of the office’s administrative functions
- Assists fundraising teams in operationalizing their fundraising plans
- Trains CNO employees on RTP’s expense reporting systems
- Creates and documents business procedures and policies for the team
- Make recommendations of cost savings & implements within role as appropriate
Job Responsibility #4: Other Responsibilities as Required (5%)
WHO YOU ARE:
We are looking for someone to join our highly dynamic and energetic team, who possesses strong administrative and numeracy skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. We’re looking for strong attention to detail, and previous experience providing technical oversight, as well as input and direction to data systems/processes. If you also possess a positive attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, this job is for you!
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Group RRSP Plan with 3% matching contributions, gym membership, flexible work policy (e.g. work from home and flex hours) and summer/winter hours.
Target Start Date: April 2018
Contract Duration: Permanent, Full-time
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and kindly include “Finance and Business Operations Officer” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening/Policy Record Check as a condition of employment.
Should you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process, kindly contact the People & Culture team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.