Posted On: 2019-03-13
Closing On: 2019-03-25
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
A career at the Arthritis Society is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to use your talents to make a difference in the lives of people affected by arthritis. Our new strategic plan, Accelerating Impact, conveys a vision for growth as we work to meet the needs of increasing numbers of people (six million Canadians of all ages) impacted by this devastating disease. In addition to work that has a positive impact, you will be joining an organization that embraces innovation and is committed to being a great place to work. We are an energizing corporate culture, constantly learning, rigorously measuring our work, and building on our achievements to reach more people nationwide. Our people are essential to this success and we will empower you to be successful in your role. The Arthritis Society is proud to be accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
Manager, Corporate Partnerships
National | Location: Toronto
Reporting to the Director of Business & Foundation Development, the Manager, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for growing revenues nationwide by developing robust corporate partnerships that will support the Arthritis Society’s fundraising and mission-related activities. We are looking for someone who will play a key role in achieving 50% growth over the next five (5) years by:
- Achieving revenue growth through the acquisition, retention and growth of national corporate partnerships for key Arthritis Society priorities through corporate sponsorships and promotions.
- Playing a key role in achieving revenue targets for the national corporate development team by working with divisional revenue development staff to build impactful national partnerships.
- Developing and executing on annual plans for achieving revenue targets.
- Demonstrate excellence in managing key accounts under the direction of the Director of Business & Foundation Development, ensuring that the business objectives of both the Arthritis Society and the corporate partners are achieved and interactions are recorded accordingly; identifying and pursuing opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships; and working collaboratively and strategically with Arthritis Society staff across Canada to support activation of partnerships in communities across Canada.
- Continuously researching market data/information and seizing potential opportunities.
Required Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in a related field, with a minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in a fast-paced environment. A deep understanding of the corporate partnerships landscape is a must. He/she will possess the ability to develop and execute long-term plans based on a strong business acumen and deep comprehension of industry trends, while prioritizing objectives in order to leverage short-term opportunities. A high degree of skill in strategic business development is essential, specifically the ability to build strong and authentic partnerships with new corporations, while growing the value of existing corporate partnerships. The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter with deep sales experience who is passionately driven to exceed targets and go that extra mile. Superior interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), including excellent presentation skills, are a key requirement for this role. Experience developing proposals, reports and other related communications are mandatory. The ideal candidate will be proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products, with donor/client database experience preferred. French language skills are an asset.
How to Apply
We are proud to be an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce, and welcome and encourage applications from qualified and talented candidates who embrace our core values. We focus on recruiting for both talent and alignment with our core values, and look for candidates who are interested in growth, learning and encourage new and smarter ways of working. If you are interested in, and qualified for, this exciting opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 25, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are encouraged to visit our official careers site at www.arthritis.ca/careers where you can view all our current job opportunities across Canada and learn more about why you should join our team!