Toronto (Yonge and Eglinton)
Compensation: As per market conditions and experience
Employment type: Full-time
Application Deadline: April 19, 2019
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Easter Seals is a national charitable organization with close to 100 years of community service in Canada. We are a trusted industry leader and Canada’s largest local provider of programs, services, issues-leadership and development for the disability community. We strive to enhance the quality of life, well-being and independence of Canadians living with disabilities.
Easter Seals helps to ensure that all children, youth and adults who are living with disabilities have access to the equipment, technology, programs, services and support they need to make the most of their abilities and participate fully in society.
Easter Seals Canada is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant reporting to the President & CEO.
As Executive Assistant, you will be directly responsible for providing a high level of proactive day-to-day administrative support to the President & CEO as well as support to members of the Senior Leadership Team. From time to time, you will work closely with members of the Board of Directors, including committee chairs.
The successful candidate is an experienced administrator who is highly organized, confident, self-motivated, possesses the highest standards of accuracy and maturity of thinking; someone who is discreet and a consummate team player. This individual will use highly developed judgment and initiative to undertake and coordinate executive office functions. This person needs to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, be able to balance many priorities and respond promptly to competing demands.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide skillful support to the President & CEO to ensure he is enabled to function effectively.
- Provide confidential executive support while exercising sound judgement in planning and problem-solving of priorities.
- Oversee all executive administration functions, including presentations, project management, organizing meetings, events, special projects, file management and financial administration.
- Act as a gatekeeper of the CEO’s calendar, developing and implementing systems and processes to optimize the effective use of his time.
- Organize and attend board, committee and management meetings, and schedule and confirm appointments, take and distribute minutes and other board governance tasks as assigned.
- Support and manage business growth related projects, including research and collection of documents from a variety of sources.
QUALIFICATIONS AND RELATED EXPERIENCE
- Completed a post-secondary degree and have a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience supporting senior executives and/or Boards in a not-for-profit organization, or the equivalent blend of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated advance proficiency with computer applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio, etc.) and the ability to adapt to and learn new applications.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to create correspondence, project summaries, presentations, proposals, reports, and conceptualizing materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with the internal and external stakeholders on complex matters.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a team-member, demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgement.
- Strong time management skills are required to effectively prioritize and meet multiple conflicting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage ongoing maintenance of efficient administrative and document management systems (paper/electronic) and processes for the office.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, deadline-driving environment.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format directly to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm Friday, April 19th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to a disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.