Location: Toronto (Yonge and Eglinton)
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience
Employment type: Full-time
Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
Position Title: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Easter Seals is a national charitable organization with close to 100 years of community service in Canada. We are a trusted industry leader and Canada’s largest local provider of programs, services, issues-leadership and development for the disability community. We strive to enhance the quality of life, well-being and independence of Canadians living with disabilities.
Easter Seals helps to ensure that all children, youth and adults who are living with disabilities have access to the equipment, technology, programs, services and support they need to make the most of their abilities and participate fully in society.
Easter Seals Canada is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant reporting to the President & CEO.
As Executive Assistant, you will be directly responsible for providing a high level of proactive day-to-day administrative support to the President & CEO as well as support to members of the Senior Leadership Team. From time to time, you will work closely with members of the Board of Directors, including committee chairs.
The successful candidate is an experienced administrator who is highly organized, confident, self-motivated, possesses the highest standards of accuracy and maturity of thinking; someone who is discreet and a consummate team player. This individual will use highly developed judgment and initiative to undertake and coordinate executive office functions. This person needs to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, be able to balance many priorities and respond promptly to competing demands.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the President & CEO including handling multiple correspondence, proofing communications materials, travel planning and preparing materials for meetings, organizing files and other related tasks;
- Meet with the President & CEO every week to review priorities;
- Manage the President’s calendar based on the organization’s priorities and ensure that she/he is fully prepared for all appointments and obligations;
- Provide support to the senior leadership team in its administrative functions;
- Serve as the administrative liaison between the President & CEO and the Board of Directors and its formal committees including scheduling, agenda and briefing materials, complex presentations, minutes and related follow up;
- Organize and attend internal committee meetings overseeing minutes for approval and distribution;
- Compose and prepare correspondence tailored to a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- In conjunction with fund development team, assist with donor prospecting using online research databases and ensure donor stewardship activities are executed in a timely fashion;
- Answer phone calls and manage the general email in-box;
- Assist with website updates and e-newsletters distribution;
- General office administration such as mailing, order supplies, co-ordinate with printer for stationary and marketing materials, and oversee office maintenance;
- Required to work a standard work week but must demonstrate flexibility to work some evenings and weekend; and
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Completion of Executive Office Administration Diploma Program or equivalent degree, with a minimum of 5 years’ of experience as an executive assistant;
- Knowledge of the charitable sector including experience working with Board of Directors, senior executives and volunteers is strongly preferred;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, handling multiple projects at one time with a high degree of efficiency, thorough attention to detail, poise and patience;
- Unquestionable integrity, a highly nuanced sense of judgment and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information;
- Proven ability to operate professionally and with consistently high standards of excellence;
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines;
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic;
- Sensitive to the needs of people living with disabilities.
- Self-motivated, committed, and confident.
- Deals with challenges and setbacks in a forward thinking and solution oriented manner.
- Resilient, positive, and collaborative.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format directly to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm Monday, April 1, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to a disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.