Title: Director, Digital Strategy
Reports to: Vice President, Strategic Services
Location: 184 Front Street East
Is this you?
You are a digital expert and you live and breathe digital best practices. Your colleagues would refer to you as the ‘strategist’ at your organization because you’re always looking at the big picture. You don’t only understand digital, you also weave digital throughout traditional methods of marketing, creating a fully integrated approach to a brand interaction for the end user.
You have business development experience and feel comfortable pitching, whether it is in a small meeting or a large room of executives. Bonus points if you have exposure either working in the not-for-profit sector or for an agency that holds not-for-profit relationships.
You are tech-savvy and love working with technologies such as WordPress and Squarespace furthermore, you have an opinion on which is best. You understand Google Analytics and can set up campaigns. You have extensive experience setting up and executing marketing campaigns for your organization within various social platforms including (but not limited to): Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. You were an early adopter and have been using all forms of social both personally and professionally for 5 years (or more!).
You are a visionary—someone who can manage analytics and results reporting. You are always on top of digital trends and although you know a lot, you are always willing to learn more. You love teaching digital and social to those less informed and do so in a way that’s easy to understand and approachable. You don’t ‘judge’ someone who doesn’t have Instagram…you think its an opportunity to open someone’s eyes to the potential of the online world and its power.
You are dynamic and trustworthy; you have an entrepreneurial spirit and aren’t afraid to put up your hand when something doesn’t jive. You take risks and deal well with ambiguity. You are comfortable with public speaking and being quoted in the press—in fact, you might have media training.
If this sounds like you, please read on…
Stephen Thomas Ltd (ST) is a full-service marketing and fundraising agency located in downtown Toronto, just steps from the Distillery District and St. Lawrence Market. They develop strategy and creative for fundraising and marketing campaigns in all channels – direct, digital and mass – all to help their clients raise more money to achieve their missions. They are fundraising experts, marketing professionals, thought leaders and creative innovators.
The Director, Digital Strategy will be responsible for the creation and strategic direction of online marketing and integrated fundraising campaigns for Stephen Thomas Ltd clients and the agency at large. Working with both internal integrated teams and external partners, our successful candidate will be the strategic lead on all integrated and standalone digital projects. The Director will report to the VP, Strategic Services and will work closely with Executive Vice President, Chief Creative Officer. The incumbent will also work in tandem with the Director, Brand Strategy as part of the StratServices team.
As the digital expert, the successful candidate will also promote ST’s services to prospective clients in partnership with the Director, Fundraising Solutions who manages new business activities for the agency. The Director, Digital Strategy will be expected to assist in writing new business proposals and present in new business pitches whenever the RFP involves a digital component. As the expert in digital and the digital voice for the agency, the successful candidate will write for reputable trade and general publications where appropriate and will speak at national and international conferences offering thought leadership to the not-for-profit sector as it pertains to the digital space positioning Stephen Thomas Ltd as a thought leader and innovative force in the Fundraising and Marketing realm.
The Ideal Candidate
Our successful candidate will ideally have an agency background and preferably will be known to the not-for-profit sector. They will be a leader in the digital space, an innovator who takes calculated risks and gets energy from helping organizations discover the power of digital and what it can do to aide in fundraising activities. They will be a collaborative team player who is always willing to go above and beyond to assist their team and their clients in achieving excellence.
- Working as part of our Strategic Services team, participate in the development of Stephen Thomas Ltd’s strategic goals and annual plan consistent with the longer-term goals for the growth of the agency
- Working as part of our Strategic Services team, participate in strategic planning and budgeting for all digital and integrated marketing and fundraising campaigns for our clients
New Business Development
- Working as part of our Strategic Services team, participate in new business listening meetings, proposal-writing, and pitch presentations as required
- Share your expertise as a speaker at local, national and international conferences as well as through thought-leadership articles for trade and general press publications
- Oversee strategy and implementation to both the ST website and ST social media
- Product development and ideation
- Act as the strategic, client-facing lead on digital projects (in coordination with integrated account teams) as well as the strategic digital expert on integrated campaigns
- Ensure that each client program or project achieves the agreed upon deliverables that include profitability targets
- Results analysis, reporting and recommendations
Signature Digital Event (“Digital Leap”)
- ST is in its 10th year of the innovative, digital-focused non-profit sector one-day conference known as Digital Leap, positioning ST as a thought leader in the non-profit digital space
- Consult on strategy for Digital Leap within the dedicated committee that produces this industry-leading event
- Utilize network to help secure industry-leading speakers Education & Experience
- University / College Degree in Digital Marketing
- 5+ years as Project Manager and or Director (Digital Projects)
- Agency experience is an asset
- Fundraising knowledge is an asset
- Enthusiastic, willingness to learn, passionate about digital
- Innovative, Strategic thinker, Attention to detail, Self-motivated and a team player
- Able to understand technical jargon and communicate with both technical and nontechnical team members
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Stellar project management skills; highly organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
If you are looking for an outstanding challenge and an opportunity to work with a great team for a very important, focused, and successful organization, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org please note our close date of April 23, 2019. Only qualified respondents will be contacted.