Posted On: 2019-04-02
Closing On: 2019-04-23
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation raises funds for research, education and the enhancement of patient care at theToronto General Hospital and Toronto Western Hospital as well as their respective research arms, Krembil Research Institute and Toronto General Research Institute. The Hospitals and the Research Institutes are members of University Health Network, which also includes Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, the Toronto Rehab Institute, and The Michener Institute. University Health Network (UHN) is a major landmark in Canada´s healthcare system and a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths of this remarkable Hospital network, the organization brings together the talent and resources that make it an international leader in healthcare. The Foundation´s vision and mission is to enable global leadership and innovation in health by developing strong relationships with University Health Network stakeholders. Our Values are excellence, integrity, accountability, collaboration and donor-centered.
The Stewardship Department’s mandate is to drive the stewardship activities of the Foundation, while also working with each and every department to integrate stewardship efforts into all programs. Our Stewardship Program is based around two main elements: Transparency & Accountability and Recognition.
Transparency and Accountability are concerned with providing any and all information to the donors – and all stakeholders – about how their support has been put to use – the fact that it has been used in the way in which the donor intended, and in the most efficient and effective way possible. We do this through documentation such as acknowledgement letters, stewardship reports, and other publications. In addition, we demonstrate our accountability through events in which we show live and in person the work that is being done, and also via testimony of physicians, surgeons, clinicians, researchers, Chairholders, Professorship holders, and other fundholders – those who put the moneys to use.
Recognition is the other main component of our stewardship activities – recognizing and honouring donors for their generosity, making them feel good and proud about what they have done, and encouraging them to do more. While recognition serves a donor need, it helps us as well… by lending their name – often a prestigious, well known and respected name – they are giving credibility to our hospitals and programs and encouraging others to do the same.
Toronto General & Western Hospital Foundation is currently seeking a Stewardship Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director, Stewardship, the Stewardship Coordinator will be tasked with providing administrative support to the Director as well as the Stewardship Department. This includes, but is not limited to expense reconciliation, arranging meetings including preparing and distributing agendas and booking rooms, assisting with all aspects of organizing Stewardship events, including pre-event, during the event and post-event follow-up, preparing various lists, spreadsheets and reports as required and many other responsibilities unique to this position.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, versatile individual with excellent interpersonal skills, who is able to manage multiple priorities, enjoys the challenge of working in a vigorous, successful fundraising environment and is able to carry out a wide range of assigned duties and tasks.
The incumbent will also possess strong administrative, prioritizing, multi-tasking and organizational/project management skills to track, report, monitor and complete assigned Stewardship activities and tasks.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Assist with organizing stewardship meetings and events including: room bookings, preparing and mailing invitations, coordinating catering requirements, parking/travel arrangements, booking audiovisual requirements, draft event programs, materials, booking speakers, as well as assisting in the preparation of, and/or development of reports, slides, presentations, spreadsheets, and any other related items as needed
- Assist with follow-up from Stewardship events i.e. writing thank you notes and emails, preparing photo books for donors
- Provide on-site support at Stewardship events
- Prepare mailings and donor packages including the preparation and distribution of annual Nursing Stewardship reports
- Prepare agendas for meetings including distributing to those attending in advance of the meeting
- Take and transcribe notes and minutes from meetings and distribute as required
- Achieve a level of comfort and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge necessary to confidently assist with coding various Stewardship activities
- Manage various calendars and schedules
- Reconcile Stewardship procurement account
- Assist with expense reimbursements and cheque requisitions
- Update, retrieve and code donor information and database records
- Update and code various Stewardship activities in the Raisers Edge database
- Develop and maintain various lists and reports
- Gather information for donor inquiries
- Respond to internal and external requests for information
- Ensure all office supplies needed for the Stewardship team are in place and well stocked
- Other duties consistent with job classification
- University degree / college graduate diploma
- Minimum of two years experience in an administrative role
- Strong computer literacy: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and/or other database software and spreadsheet programs; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Experience working in a hospital environment or with a not-for-profit organization an asset
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail, creativity
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and to work effectively with a diverse group of donors, volunteers and staff
- Ability to work in a hectic and results-oriented environment
- Hectic, service and results oriented environment. Significant amount of activity outside the office in meetings with prospects and volunteers.
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Regular daily hours of work with frequent evenings and weekends.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter with the job title in the subject line to:
Closing Date: April 23, 2019
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. UHN has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.