Posted On: 2019-04-03
Closing On: 2019-04-18
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Senior Manager reports to the VP, Stewardship and Donor Relations and works with a team responsible for the delivery of an ambitious donor relations program. The Senior Manager supports the VP in building a world class stewardship and donor relations program and manages a talented and creative team to design and implement creative, consistent, efficient, and donor-centric reporting, acknowledgment, and recognition programs.
Supervisory / Team Leadership
- Manage and oversee the administrative and daily operations of the stewardship and donor relations team
- Responsible for managing performance, establishing clear directions, setting “stretch” objectives for the team;works with and supports the team in meeting the deliverables to ensure shared success in delivering the objectives of the Foundation’s strategic plan
- Create and maintain a supportive team environment that fosters collaboration, growth and fun
Planning and Budgeting
- Lead the development of an annual stewardship calendar with the team, setting annual goals and quantifiable outcomes
- Develops a framework to monitor progress to goals
- Set priorities for multiple short-term and long-term projects, based on Foundation's strategic goals
- Lead the team in developing the annual Stewardship and Donor Relations budget and responsible for monitoring expenses against the budget; identifies resources required to deliver on strategic objectives
- Maintain and enhance the spirit of innovationby fostering a creative environment in which the team can develop new recognition opportunities and unique, personalized stewardship communications and experiences, developing business cases for implementation and adoption
Stewardship Program Delivery
- Design and implement strategy for creative, consistent, efficient, and donor-centric reporting, acknowledgment, and recognition programs. Ensure that Sinai Health donors receive comprehensive and timely reporting, as well as to develop best practice stewardship standards for the foundation for all philanthropic and fundraising initiatives
- Manage a portfolio of high-worth donors in stewardship and work with Advancement Directors to build stewardship plans and ensure plans are implemented and delivered
- Manage stewardship report requirements and delivery of reports and proposals; prioritize multiple requests and negotiate deliverables to maximize the impact of the team’s work in meeting Foundation fundraising goals
- Serve as a customer service contact for donors to resolve problems, questions, and concerns
- Align stewardship activity with the donor benefit matrix; review matrix annually and recommend updates as needed. Routinely monitor and assess processes to improve procedures, reports, tools, and controls in accordance with the implementation of the matrix
- Provide leadership and collaborate with colleagues to support gift announcements, ground breakings, donor visits, receptions, tours, meetings etc. as appropriate
- Develop and maintain basic knowledge of all major and principal gift donors to Sinai Health Foundation
Accountability and Reporting
- Advise on development of appropriate gift terms and policies in proposals and gift agreements
- Collaborate with Foundation Finance, Hospital Finance and Hospital Partners to administer funds and donations according to donor intent
- Ensure gift recognition and stewardship policies and procedures are followed to provide consistency and integrity; develop new policies and procedures across the organization to grow a comprehensive donor relations program
- Develop annual endowment fund package, in collaboration with Finance.
- Pipeline Support
- Support and enhance the ongoing development and implementation of a donor retention strategy for all donors to the Foundation
- Participate in prospecting and other planning sessions to move prospects through the pipeline and achieve best practices across the advancement department.
- Provide guidance and support on the development of proposals, proposal budgets, gift agreements
Volunteer and Physician Stewardship / Foundation Relations
- Develop strong relationships with physicians as partners in philanthropy and key contributors to donor stewardship activities
- Collaborate with Governance and Events teams to develop effective and meaningful stewardship plans for volunteers on Boards and Committees
- Support the VP in thework of the Gift Acceptance Committee and the Stewardship Council
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 5 years of experience in non-profit fundraising, preferably in the health care sector, with demonstrated progression in role, responsibilities and supervisory experience of staff and volunteers.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and direct collaborative, customer-based services in a complex health care setting with multiple stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)Raisers Edge and an aptitude for data management and analysis.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse constituencies, meet deadlines, be self-motivated, and work independently.
- Ability to think strategically and practically to implement a comprehensive and results-oriented development plan.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with absolute discretion and a high degree of integrity.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service oriented attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player.
- Competency in problem solving.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a complex environment.
Learn more and apply here: https://sinaihealthsystem-mountsinai.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/2402