Posted On: 2019-04-04
Closing On: 2019-04-17
Employment Type: Full-Time
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
With a focus on enabling best-in-class donor experience, the Associate, Stewardship and Donor Relations has a unique opportunity to impact donor relationships at SickKids. Reporting to the Director of Stewardship and Donor Relations, the Associate will be responsible for the development and implementation of a variety of donor-centered initiatives to support fundraising efforts across the Foundation. The Associate will have primary responsibility for managing stewardship and donor recognition initiatives, and will work closely with the fundraising teams and key hospital contacts to develop and deliver these programs.
- Manage and execute stewardship strategies and initiatives for donors at the ($50,000 to $99,999) level.
- Lead a major project within the SDR portfolio, including: create a project plan, including any associated budget; manage and execute all aspects of the plan; report back to the team on successes and/or challenges.
- Contribute to ongoing SDR initiatives and identify innovative opportunities to ensure we provide a "best in class" donor experience.
- Develop close working relationships with colleagues across the foundation to enable various projects and provide guidance and assistance to fundraising teams;
- Liaise with appropriate hospital staff to enable SDR program implementation;
- Contribute to other projects as required;
- Assist in the management of any intern/summer students;
- Commit to ongoing professional development through reading current literature, attending professional meetings, participating in professional associations and developing working relationships with professionals at other institutions; and
- Be an effective team player and adhere to the Foundation values and policies.
- An undergraduate degree, college diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising, preferably in stewardship, or client service related role (can include a combination of work and practical school experience)
- Demonstrated project management skills, detail oriented and proactive in anticipating and managing multiple and changing priorities;
- Excellent donor and stakeholder relations skills, with a strong sense of diplomacy;
- Experience with data extraction through queries and reporting functions;
- Expertise in MS Office suite;
- Understanding of best practice in donor stewardship and recognition; and
- The ability to think at a high level about hospital and foundation priorities.
SickKids Foundation leads the fight for The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids), one of the world’s foremost paediatric health-care institutions. Founded in 1972, SickKids Foundation is the largest charitable funder of child health research, learning and care in Canada. As a national charity, SickKids Foundation also invests in national and international initiatives to benefit children in Canada and around the world. Philanthropy is a critical source of funding for SickKids. Thanks to the generosity of the community, and as a result of a record-breaking year in fundraising, SickKids Foundation generated an unprecedented $146.3 million for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2018. We achieve that by not being ordinary in anything we do.
9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday
SUBMIT RESUME TO:
Please apply on-line by visiting our website:
SickKids Foundation is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all individuals feel valued, respected and supported. Candidates who require accommodation during the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department.