Children’s Health Foundation is looking for a key member of the Philanthropy Team, who will be responsible to support the Foundation’s stewardship, recognition and cultivation programs. In addition, you will be responsible for building and sustaining fundraising success of prospects and donors to generate revenue for Foundation partner priorities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Champion the revenue generation goals, with a focus on philanthropic donations, corporate sponsorship, foundation proposals and opportunities to grow and renew current donors.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit leadership donors, in coordination with the Direct Response Specialist.
- With a focus on donor relations; engage, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects to support a culture of donors who feel connected, valued and informed.
- Develop and coordinate donor giving programs for donors, in alignment with donor levels and Foundation stewardship practices.
- Ensure recognition for major, legacy, leadership, monthly, annual and employee donors. Co-ordinate and update meaningful and equitable recognition for donors at various levels and ensure accuracy of public recognition.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute cultivation and stewardship events for donors and prospects, working with the philanthropy team and engaging Foundation partners and community constituents.
- Co-ordinate prospect or donor visits, proposals, solicitations, and meetings for fundraising staff.
- Coordinate donor communications and engagement plans by giving level. Provide donors with relevant information to report on impact of donors’ gifts and increase their understanding and affinity for the Foundation’s partners.
- Working within the in-house database, ensure the seamless collection and tracking of information for donor advancement purposes. Support the delivery and coding of stewardship reports, donor agreements, and mailing lists.
- Develop and execute an annual work plan in consultation with Foundation leadership staff, ensuring that objectives are achieved.
- Understand the ongoing priorities and culture of Foundation partners and develop strong relationships with partner personnel to advance fundraising initiatives and success.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of post-secondary program in fundraising, marketing, non-profit management or communications and public relations program
- Proven in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of database software (Raiser’s Edge/NXT preferred)
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Fundraising experience for a charity will be an asset
- Demonstrated strong organizational and project management skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
Travel is required; the incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and have use of a car.
The nature of the work is such that evening, and some weekend work is required for attendance at Foundation events on approval of the supervisor.
Cellphone usage is required.
A Vulnerable Persons Police Check is a requirement of employment
Learn more & apply: