Posted On: 2019-04-10
Closing On: 2019-04-23
Employment Type: Full-Time
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation works with our west-end neighbours to help provide the best healthcare possible for our community. Our donors help build new spaces, modernize facilities and buy new equipment.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre is a large community teaching hospital of 3,500 care providers supporting a community of 500,000 Torontonians. Thanks to our generous donors, we’re celebrating the opening of two new patient care areas and reaching the goal of raising $100 million for the Promise Campaign.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, energetic team player who wants to work as part of a dynamic team focused on connecting with and attracting support from our patients, neighbours and friends in our west end community. If you feel that you would be a great fit please send your resume and a covering letter by April 23, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Communications Officer is a key member of the St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation team. This person has a positive attitude and enjoys learning new skills. S/he thrives in a dynamic atmosphere and working on a range of projects.
S/he reports to the Director of Communications to implement the marketing and communications strategy. S/he also works with the full Foundation team, the Health Centre and the Foundation’s suppliers. S/he actively supports the Foundation’s events, annual, major gift and planned giving programs.
- Manage the Foundation’s digital communications: provide strategic input, write and source content using best practices, implement and analyze results for ongoing improvement
- Manage the Foundation’s website: update and create new content
- Manage the Foundation’s online consumer relation management system: create donation forms, build event pages, send e-blasts, build surveys
- Design small projects such as sponsorship presentations, invitations, flyers
- Write content for the website, monthly e-newsletter, social media
- Take photos and shoot/edit short video clips
- University or college degree
- At least two years of related experience; communications background preferred
- Experience building, designing and revising webpages required
- Deep knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and twitter required
- Very strong written communication skills with exceptional attention to grammar and spelling
- Ability to design presentations, invitations, flyers using Powerpoint or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator) required
- Familiarity with Facebook Adwords, Google Display Network, Google Analytics
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Luminate a strong asset
- Experience with Hootsuite or AdEspresso an asset
- Experience with video editing software (Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro) an asset
Interest in photography (using a DSL camera) an asset
Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends for fundraising and donor events
- Not-for-profit experience is an asset but not mandatory
If you feel that you would be a great fit for the position and foundation, please send in your resume and a covering letter by 5:00 pm on April 23, 2019 to email@example.com
To be properly considered for a position, COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, ST. JOSEPH’S HEALTH CENTRE FOUNDATION must appear in the subject line of your email. Only submissions that include a covering letter will be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.