Posted On: 2019-04-10
Closing On: 2019-04-17
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team Coordinator, Operations, Philanthropy
CNIB (the Canadian National Institute for the Blind) is inviting applications for spirited, determined leaders to join our team.
For over 100 years, CNIB has been the leading national organization serving and supporting people with sight loss and, as we enter our next century of service, we want to take our work to the next level.
CNIB nationally employs hundreds of professionals delivering vision loss rehabilitation services and life enhancement programs to Canadians who are blind or partially sighted.
If you are a dynamic leader who wants to play a critical role at a transformational moment in CNIB’s history and help us change what it is to be blind, we want to hear from you.
We offer flexible work schedules, competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities to make an impact. CNIB strives to establish and maintain an inclusive workplace and believes that the diversity of our workforce is an invaluable asset. To help ensure that this commitment is met, CNIB is committed to working with all candidates that require an accommodation.
For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: April 7, 2019
Job Title: Team Coordinator, Operations, Philanthropy
Location: Toronto, ON
The Team Coordinator, Operations, Philanthropy will work closely with the Senior Director of Philanthropy to convey strategies, issues, results, challenges and motivation to the Ontario Philanthropy Team (Major and Community giving).
This position will also support the Senior Director's day-to-day activities along with those of the rest of the Ontario Philanthropy Team as needed. Furthermore, the Team Coordinator, Operations, Philanthropy will also be responsible to work with key stakeholders to develop and apply for United Way funding across Ontario.
Key responsibilities include, administration, grant writing, planning and coordinating activities related to fundraising that will foster a positive image, reputation, awareness and understanding of CNIB's vision, mission and activities.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
Provides confidential support to Senior Director, Philanthropy and the other members of the Philanthropy team as well as logistical support for volunteers;
Plans, coordinates and manages strategic Campaign special events and recognition activities;
Organize and manage the development of United Way funding request and stewardship with program manages across Ontario.
Creates a system to gather and keep current information on prospects, donors and volunteers;
Coordinates the development and provision of materials for fundraising events;
Assembles data information to create profiles of potential major gift prospects;
Monitors standards and policies around donation reconciliation, bank deposits, charitable receipts, thank you letters;
Schedules and coordinates meetings, equipment and support materials, creation and dissemination of meeting minutes and action lists.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience):
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and database computer applications
• Good relationship building skills
• Exceptional writing and presentation skills
• A results-oriented focus, a driven attitude and an entrepreneurial approach to fundraising and problem solving
• Event logistic experience an asset
• Professional attitude, self-starter and adapts to fast paced environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines and determining priorities
Experience and Education
• University degree or College diploma in marketing and communications/business administration or related field.
• Minimum 1-2 years related experience in a not-for-profit fundraising organization.
• Demonstrated experience writing donor relations and stewardship materials.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Experience coordinating events.
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Willingness to travel
• Willingness to be a passionate advocate for CNIB and those we serve.
Closing Date for Applications: April 17, 2019
Please Send the Application To: Resumes@cnib.ca and quote the job title in the subject line
Please send cover letter and resume and mention how you learned of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted