Posted On: 2019-04-11
Closing On: 2019-04-30
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Manager, Community Giving
REPORTING TO: Director, Community Giving
William Osler Health System Foundation (Osler Foundation) builds and fosters relationships within the community to raise funds to support the equipment and capital needs of Etobicoke General Hospital, Brampton Civic Hospital, and Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness.
Serving one of Canada’s largest multi-site hospital systems, we pride ourselves in leading innovative campaigns and programs to captivate our fast-growing community. The William Osler Health System covers an area with over 1.3 million people, and our community is one of the most culturally-rich and ethnically diverse regions in Canada. The secret? Our team has heart. We’re innovative, we love new ideas and we work together to get the job done.
Going Beyond, Together, is our new 2019-2015 Strategic Plan that brings the hospital’s and Foundation’s process in parallel and lays the groundwork for our commitment to build healthier communities. It's a big job, because we fundraise for a big community and we have fun while doing it.
For the past eight years, the Foundation has been championing its 10-year, $100M You Have the Power campaign, in support of the hospital’s three patient care sites. Over the course of this campaign, the Foundation has been fortunate to experience significant and sustained revenue growth. Our fundraising initiatives are growing and so is our team. If you’re a creative, out-of-the-box thinker – we’ve got a position for you.
Reporting to the Director, Community Giving, the Manager, Community Giving is an exciting and challenging role for a mid-level fundraiser looking to grow and gain experience in health care fundraising. The Manager, Community Giving, is primarily responsible for driving new business through annual giving programs, leading Osler’s signature events and contributing to third party community events. Annual programs including supporting Osler’s employee giving as well as tribute and grateful patient programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (include but not limited to)
- Working with the Director, Community Giving to contribute to the development and execution of strategies for Osler Foundation’s signature events, sponsorships, new third party events, proposals, tribute and grateful patient programs
- Identifying opportunities for acquiring new sponsors and participants and upgrading existing sponsors for signature events
- Attending events in the community and organized by Osler Foundation as required
- Coordinating and executing the development and implementation of various fundraising projects for the Osler Foundation
- Leading the Employee Giving Campaign by managing the internal committee and executing quarterly events.
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications team.
- Identifying, recruiting, and motivating volunteer event committee members
- Identifying opportunities for acquiring new community events
- Identifying opportunities for working with community event organizers to help enhance their events through Osler Foundation’s community fundraising channels.
- Maintaining positive internal and external relationships
- Working well in a team, and helping to facilitate internal coordination of fundraising activities
- Donor and sponsor management, including tracking in Raiser’s Edge
- Commitment to the mission and vision of William Osler Health System (Osler) and the Osler Foundation
- University Degree, College Diploma or a combination of relevant experience
- Three to five years of recent related experience
- Specific experience and proven results in developing new business opportunities in the community
- Volunteer management skills
- Ability to make “cold calls”
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, relationship building and teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Raiser’s Edge
- Experience in budget management and monitoring
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate the vision and key messages of William Osler Health System and Osler Foundation to the community
- Holds a current drivers license and has access to a vehicle
- Ability to work flexible hours
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Shelagh Barry via firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2019 at 5pm. Subject Line: Manager, Community Giving
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.
Interviews will be scheduled as resumes are received.