Posted On: 2019-04-13
Closing On: 2019-04-30
Location: 70 St. Mary Street, Toronto (near Bay and Bloor St.)
Employment Type: Full-Time
JOB POSTING: Donor Relations Coordinator
Application deadline: April 30, 2019.
Canadian Jesuits International (CJI) is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic Fundraising Professional to create and implement strategies for fundraising and donor stewardship, especially with major donors.
This is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the lives of people around the globe, and to take on a leadership role to help us meet our fundraising goals.
This role includes professional development opportunities and occasional travel within Canada and internationally.
The Donor Relations Coordinator is a full-time position with benefits.
About Canadian Jesuits International (CJI)
CJI is the international development agency of the Jesuits of Canada. Working with local Jesuit partners in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, CJI supports international programs in education, human rights, sustainable agriculture, livelihood support, refugees and emergency relief. CJI also runs awareness-raising educational programs on global citizenship and social justice in Canada with youth and adults in schools, parishes and social justice networks. We are based in Toronto, but have a national donor base. For more information, visit http://www.canadianjesuitsinternational.ca
- Contribute to and implement CJI’s fundraising plans.
- Provide leadership in identifying new opportunities and new ways of raising funds.
- Develop donor upgrading and acquisition strategies, including planned giving, with a focus on major donors.
- Work with our small, but highly committed team to ensure that the organization has a holistic fundraising approach: integrating Communications, Outreach, international Programs and Administration to build a donor-centric culture in the organization.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest fundraising trends and opportunities in Canada.
- On-going stewardship and identification of prospects for upgrading donors (monthly, major gifts and planned giving).
- Monitor and report on fundraising and donor metrics.
- Provide analysis of fundraising effectiveness to the Director, staff team and Board as required.
- Implement segmentation of donor database through strong CRM database knowledge and proficiency.
- Produce materials and data profiles to represent the organization to the public, donors and prospective donors.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the organization’s programs and funding priorities.
- Assist CJI staff in creating templates for donor-specific communications, e.g. recognitionletters, project funding updates and specialized direct donor approaches.
- 3 - 5 years fundraising experience.
- Experience with major donors and broad-based fundraising campaigns.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; a second language (Spanish and/or French) is an asset.
- Strong writing, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and international development.
- Comfortable working in a faith-based organization, with Jesuit partners, Roman Catholic audiences and institutions. An understanding of Catholic Social Teaching is required.
- Effective in cross-cultural settings.
- Proficient in latest software programs (e.g. Raiser’s Edge), social media, online and print communication.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, capacity to take the initiative, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a small team and with little supervision.
- Flexibility to travel within Canada and occasionally internationally.
OFFICE LOCATION: 70 St. Mary Street, Toronto
POSITION TYPE: Full time
START DATE: Immediately
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to the Executive Director of CJI
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $55,000 to $65,000 commensurate with experience
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting your suitability for the position to CDAcji@jesuits.org
CJI is committed to diversity in its workplace and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.