Cause Strategies Inc. is the charitable administration service provider for BenefAction Foundation, a leader in helping Canadians make strategic giving an integral part of their wealth management plans through the use of donor advised funds.
In this full-time position, you will be responsible for the administration of grants from charitable gift funds and stewarding donors to BenefAction Foundation donor advised funds.
Your duties will include:
- Administering donor grant requests to charities on a weekly basis
- Monitoring and recording cash transfers in accounting system, creating corresponding cheques, letters, etc.
- Ongoing communication with donors (via email, phone and letter correspondence) regarding grant activity, new gift funds, etc.
- Communication with financial advisors regarding shared donors/clients as well as recipient charities
- Reconciling gift fund accounts on a monthly basis
- Review and distribution of quarterly donor reporting
- Input of all activities and tasks into Client (Donor) Relationship Management system
- Responding to donor and advisor inquiries and issues in a timely, responsive manner and escalating when appropriate
- General administrative support for office and team
- Minimum three years of experience in grant administration or a related field
- Customer/donor service focused
- High attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Professional demeanor
- Able to communicate effectively in both English and French
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems: Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access
- Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting system
- Experience in accounting or investment management industry an asset
Interested applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org