Posted On: 2019-04-25
Closing On: 2019-05-19
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Competition #: 840885
Job Title: Coordinator Philanthropy - Annual & Mid Level Giving
Job Category: Foundation
New Work Type: Full-Time Permanent
Positions Available: 1
Union Affiliation: NU
Posted Date: 24/04/19
Closing date: 19/05/19
Salary Range: to be determined
FTE Assignment (Cas=0.000001): 1
St. Michael’s Foundation, through its philanthropic activities, assists St. Michael’s Hospital in attracting the resources required to fulfill and enhance its mission of caring, research and education as inspired and fostered by the Sisters of St. Joseph. Our physicians, surgeons, scientists and staff are relentless in taking on some of the world’s most intractable health challenges. At St. Michael’s, our health-care teams have a unique attitude. They never say no. They never give up. No matter the problem, St. Michael’s looks for a way to solve it. St. Michael’s Foundation is leading the way in helping the hospital break new ground in kidney transplantation, neonatal care, multiple sclerosis, and cardiac and neuro innovation. It’s thanks to our die-hard donors and champions – who go to the wall for St. Michael’s, day in and day out – that St. Michael’s can continue to develop revolutionary approaches to patient care and to conduct research that changing how diseases are treated and future generations of doctors and scientists are educated.
The Foundation supports St. Michael’s ongoing mission to be a health-care leader providing innovative and compassionate care driven by the incredibly generous help and support of all its donors. Since the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute debuted in 2011, St. Michael’s has become internationally renowned as a research powerhouse – at the forefront of new medical discoveries and home to the world’s top talent. By joining St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation, you will join a growing team of top fundraisers who are challenging the status quo to change the face of health care.
The Philanthropy Coordinator supports the Annual Giving team, through the coordination of cultivation, solicitation, retention and stewardship activities to maximize hospital foundation donor support.
- Actively contributes to overall success of Direct Marketing Campaigns, including supporting the execution of both print and digital campaigns
- Work with external partners and internal stakeholders to obtain copy & creative approvals
- Gather content, assets (e.g. Photos, signatures, logos) and stories for Direct Marketing Campaigns
- Work closely with Manager, Direct Marketing to support art/copy rounds, which includes proof-reading campaign content and consolidating edits
- Manage project timelines and adhere to critical paths
- Coordinate interviews between DM agency and patient volunteers and/or doctors
- Attend direct marketing agency meetings
- Support any Print Production projects as needed (i.e. marketing collateral for monthly giving program)
- Supports the annual & mid-level team to successfully cultivate, solicit, retain and steward donors, prospects and volunteers to meet fundraising goals.
- Drafts correspondence, reports, invitations and other communications for Philanthropy Officers.
- Communicates with donors, the offices of hospital administrators and volunteers to provide information and follow-up
- Reviews and tracks funds and reports on use of gifts, as assigned.
- Updates donor information in Raiser’s Edge database
- Prepares donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship packages, call reports and meeting notes as requested
- Produces prospect lists, gift information and action lists from the database in a timely and efficient manner
- Assists in the coordination of Hospital tours for current and prospective donor
- Ensure timely distribution of Welcome Packages to new donors and thank you letters to loyal monthly donors.
- Prepares and distributes reports and presentation material using various software tools including but not exclusive to: Microsoft Word, Excel, Raiser’s Edge, and Power Point
- Maintain database management, Code invoices and coordinate and completes appropriate gift processing forms.
- Prepares and distributes correspondence, meeting minutes where applicable
- Provides ongoing coordination with third party vendors and the gift processing team to ensure that donor gifts, pledges/reminders, tax receipts, and thank you letters are processed and issued in a timely manner
- Ensures proper electronic and hard copy filing of proposals, donor gift agreements, acknowledgements, stewardship letters, reports and correspondence
- Assists Annual & Mid-level team with key volunteer and donor initiatives.
- Support the ongoing cultivation, stewardship and retention of donors in the program.
- Schedules internal and external meetings with volunteers, donors and senior hospital leaders
- Organizes meetings including room bookings, catering if necessary, agendas, minutes, preparation of presentations, handouts and other materials that encompasses financial & background information
- Supports annual team by undertaking event coordination and logistics to support donor stewardship and cultivation events.
- Work with events team to develop all logistical and other details associated with planning and execution of successful stewardship & cultivation events, including catering, day-of-event logistics, appropriate donor recognition, donations processing and acknowledgements
- Tracks attendance for meetings, special events, receptions and initiates telephone follow-up and confirmation.
- Maintains regular communication with Foundation staff regarding event activities.
- Works as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity, trust and respect.
- Acts as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Hospital and the Foundation.Abides by the policies and procedures of SMH and SMF.
- Abides by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and works in a manner that is safe, reporting incidents immediately to direct supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation.
- Operates within the culture and core values of the organization.
- Post-secondary education in a related field – college minimum, university preferred - or a combination of comparable skills and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in effective project and event management.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications on a Windows platform (Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic mail/scheduling, internet)
- Previous experience working with databases (particularly Raiser’s Edge) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person to person relationship-building skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Exemplary attention to detail with excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently using an above average level of initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a fundraising team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of St. Michael’s Hospital.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings.