Posted On: 2019-04-30
Closing On: 2019-05-28
Effective: May-June 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. It provides opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, to learn, to connect and to participate in a wide range of recreational, educational and cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded in 1953 in the Annex neighbourhood, the MNjcc is home to a 3600-member state of the art Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program. We are committed to removing barriers and being accessible to all who come through our doors including those who are Deaf or experience disabilities.
Are you motivated and passionate about having an impact in the community? Are you looking to apply and expand your skills to further develop your career in fundraising? Join the MNjcc as the Development Coordinator and play a vital role in growing annual giving programs, including campaign coordination, donor communication and special events. This role will help strengthen and foster donor relations with a focus on acquiring and stewarding individual donors. Working with the MNjcc team, the Development Coordinator will also help to create compelling communications activities through our online and digital platforms to engage our stakeholder audiences, share our impact, and grow their commitment to the organization. Supported by the Director of Development, this multifaceted position is a great opportunity for a dynamic, organized individual who enjoys a team-oriented environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Annual Giving – Provide day-to-day coordination and logistical oversight of annual giving campaigns, including direct mail and online giving, monthly renewal notices and other special appeals.
- Processing - Responsible for donation processing, gift acknowledgements and tax receipting process, as well as maintaining data integrity and ensuring that all records and administration of the fundraising and development portfolio are well managed.
- Stewardship – Ensure high-quality, timely donor stewardship processes such as thank you letters, recognition and other donor correspondence.
- Special Events – Help coordinate the planning, promotion and logistics of an annual fundraising event and other stewardship/cultivation events as needed.
- Communications - Collaborate with the Marketing team on content to ensure relevant donor-centered communications.,
- Other Duties - Assist with the coordination and oversight of additional fundraising activities, as assigned by supervisor.
- Project management, team work and flexibility
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Integrity, accountability and ownership of projects
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent with a minimum of two years full-time relevant experience in fundraising or related field.
- Proven track record of initiating and executing fundraising appeals, including direct mail, with a focus on monitoring results and adapting for greater response.
- Ability to manage regular and timely communications and reports to donors.
- Experience coordinating events in collaboration with other staff, volunteers and external vendors.
- Works effectively with a diverse population of staff, volunteers, donors and external contacts with tact and diplomacy to build and maintain successful relationships.
- Mature, self-disciplined and self-motivated with the ability to stay organized and a high attention to detail while working on multiple projects.
- A self-starter, who is team-oriented with a positive, “can-do” attitude, has a willingness to learn, strong sense of personal initiative and ownership of projects.
- Possesses a professional demeanor with strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for working in the charitable sector.
- Knowledge of donor management or CRM databases, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- In addition to a salary commensurate with experience, we provide an attractive benefit and vacation package that includes medical/dental, FREE MNjcc Fitness Centre membership, and program discounts.
How to apply:
- Email resume and cover letter indicating where you found the posting to email@example.com by May 20 with the subject: “Application: Development Coordinator”.
- Please note only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and that interviews may begin before the application deadline.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The MNjcc is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of JCC culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please contact David Fielder at: (416) 924-6211 x404; firstname.lastname@example.org; or in person by appointment.