Posted On: 2019-05-01
Closing On: 2019-05-29
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing $122 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Our Crohn’s & Colitis – Make it stop. For life. Campaign has already achieved $70 million (or 70%) of its goal, and funds raised are already advancing our mission.
Visit crohnsandcolitis.ca for more information.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada (CCC) is seeking an experienced and collaborative leader, with demonstrated success in major gifts, planned giving and corporate partnerships to be our National Director, Leadership Giving & Corporate Partnerships. Passionate about our cause, the ideal candidate understands the importance of grassroots engagement and community outreach in revenue generation, and is able to build genuine relationships with prospects, donors, staff and volunteers.
Based in our National Office in Toronto, and reporting to the President and CEO, the National Director, Leadership Giving & Corporate Partnerships will lead a team of four (4) staff and will develop and support a team of senior volunteer leaders to support donor engagement. The National Director will provide strategic leadership in the planning and execution of our growing major gift fundraising program, as well as manage their own donor pipeline of prospects.
This position is responsible for the areas of major gifts, planned giving, corporate partnerships and foundations. Additionally, the Director will build a donor relations program that places a high priority on effective and meaningful stewardship of CCC donors.
As our most senior major gifts fundraiser and subject-matter expert, the Director will work collaboratively with the Senior Management Team and our Regional Directors across the country to build a progressive major gift program that expands our revenue generation capacity.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Self-motivated, influential and engaging with an authentic passion for philanthropy.
- Creative, strategic and results oriented.
- An empathetic and inspiring communicator and skilled listener, the successful candidate will take the time to understand both the organization and our constituents.
- Capacity to work in a team environment, executing a strategic plan nationally while working collaboratively in achieving goals with staff and volunteers within our regions.
- Ability to lead and influence staff and volunteer teams and create a culture of accountability.
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills.
- Significant progressive experience in major gift fundraising and campaign development.
- Demonstrated leadership excellence in a charitable or not-for-profit environment.
- Successful experience in developing and executing long-term plans while leveraging immediate opportunities and managing short-term objectives.
- An understanding of data analysis and analytics together with financial literacy to support budget and forecasting processes.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead by example through successful major gift results.
- Experience in growing relationships and funding support from both individual and corporate donors.
- Ability to articulate the mission and goals of CCC both verbally and in all forms of written communication.
- Experience leading a team of staff and supporting senior volunteers.
- Strong strategic and operational skills, with the ability to work together with staff and volunteers to achieve success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage key relationships with donors, staff, and volunteers.
- Resourceful and well organized; able to manage competing priorities, complex situations and deadlines
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office; experience with CRM.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent; CFRE is an asset.
- Oversee and lead the development CCC’s major/corporate/planned gift program and fundraising campaigns.
- Provide leadership to department staff, including strategic management, budgeting, and performance measurement.
- Incorporate strategic and innovative ideas for prospect identification, evaluation, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Apply and demonstrate best practices to monitor the organization’s performance in the area of major, corporate and planned gifts including individual and team scorecards, professionalized tools including briefing notes and call reports.
- Build and manage their own donor pipeline for the purposes of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship including accountability for an individual fundraising goal.
- Promote a culture that is donor-centric, where requests from internal and external stakeholders are responded to with a high degree of urgency, professionalism and accuracy.
- Create proposals, briefing notes, case statements, progress reports and other documents in support of cultivation and solicitation of prospects and donors.
- Collaborate with the Vice President, Marketing and Communications to create collateral communications materials and tools for the fund development program.
- Educate and train National and Regional staff, Board Members and senior volunteers in fundraising best practices, and support them in major gift activities.
- Plan and implement donor recognition projects and events, liaising with staff regarding existing events to which donors will be invited.
- Collaborate with other departments to enhance donor engagement and tracking with the CCC’s relationship system (Raiser’s Edge).
- Work with the CCC’s Community Engagement team to integrate fundraising efforts and ensure a streamlined and effective donor journey from annual giving to major and planned gifts.
- Identify, recruit, develop and support senior volunteers and committees.
- Collaborate with regional staff to leverage their support and active engagement in major gifts and related stewardship activities.
- Work outside of the office in order to meet with prospective donors and volunteers, including occasional travel across Canada.
- Provide regular reports on progress of business plan achievement and variances.
- Work collaboratively and effectively as a member of the Senior Management Team.
HOW TO APPLY
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive compensation package and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote "National Director, Leadership Giving and Corporate Partnerships" in the subject heading in your email. We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provides accommodations for disabilities upon request.