Posted On: 2019-05-02
Closing On: 2019-05-31
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Development Officer, Mid-Level & Legacy Giving drives revenue from the Mid-Level donor sub-segment ($1K-$25K) and Legacy Giving product through a mix of direct mail, personal solicitation, proposal generation and direct donor relationship management for new and existing donors building the groundswell of support for CAMH Foundation and contributing to the total annual fundraising goals.
CAMH is Canada’s largest hospital specializing in mental illness and addictions, and one of the world’s leading academic health science centres in the field. By delivering leading-edge treatment, driving research, creating knowledge and advocating nationally, CAMH seeks to inspire a movement for change to ensure any person living with mental illness is restored to fullness of life.
CAMH Foundation is charged with raising and stewarding funds that will enable CAMH to achieve its aspirations and helping to fuel the movement for change.
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level prospects and conduct solicitation assignments personally, and when necessary, with other staff and volunteers;
- Develop and implement portfolio strategy and initiatives within defined budget.
- Using prospect identification, research and qualification processes, generate prospects and implement strategies that drive mid-level and legacy giving.
- Ensure implementation of donor cultivation, acknowledgement and stewardship plans and strategies for the mid-level donor segment and legacy giving product.
- Track activity against targets ensuring financial goals are met or exceeded. In collaboration with AVP, Direct Marketing & Community Giving analyze appeal results and make recommendations to increase ROI in future appeals.
- Conduct donor stewardship including personalized telephone calls, thank you letters, personalized cards, tour invitations, face-to-face meetings.
- Work with the Annual Giving team to ensure that campaigns include messaging and components best suited for mid-level and legacy giving donors
- Conduct business relationship with outside vendors (RFQs, internal approvals, invoice processing and expense tracking) for this segment.
- Act as an internal resource for the legacy giving portfolio, working closely with the Operations and fundraising teams to ensure notification of bequests are properly handled, recorded and maintained the in the donor database.
- Ensure donor activity is accurately and fully recorded in the database.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of CAMH priorities and related mental health and addiction issues. Maintain knowledge and expertise in relevant field.
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the Foundation.
- Operate within the culture and core values of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising.
- Experience with legacy giving fundraising.
- Knowledge of fundraising practices, especially face-to-face solicitations and annual giving.
- Experience in creating and presenting compelling proposals to donors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and very strong person to person relationship-building and stewardship skills.
- Demonstrated success and personal initiative in building and attaining financial and program goals within prescribed timelines.
- Able to work effectively and collaboratively with leaders, physicians, and partners.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands. Exemplary attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as Raiser’s Edge or other donor database management systems.
- Proven ability to exercise confidentiality, diplomacy and good judgment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of CAMHF.
LIVING the VALUES
CAMH Foundation has adopted four core organizational values that guide how we achieve our goals. Every staff member is responsible for carrying out their role in accordance with our values and behaviours.
Make A Difference
- Strive to create change in mental health.
- Take time regularly to share inspiring stories related to our work.
- Align on overarching purpose/vision.
- Live our values in the service of our mission.
- Maintain clarity of direction
- Define/achieve long-term goals.
- Contribute with drive, ensure results.
- Partner with stakeholders, in particular donors and hospital staff.
- Be respectful/supportive of one another.
- Encourage different points of view.
- Engage with an appreciation for one another’s point of view.
- Ask questions, listen and seek to understand.
- Treat one another with the same care deserved by those we serve.
- Provide timely, constructive feedback.
- Trust the thoughtful exercise of judgement
- Contribute to a positive environment.
- Share information/keep others informed.
- Think of implications for others.
- Explain rationale for decisions.
- Be accessible.
- Collaborate across teams.
- Take responsibility for making things work.
- Act with energy to get results.
- Focus on our collective performance.
- Trust people will get it done right.
- Go beyond filing issues and be solutions-oriented.
- Recognize one another’s contribution.
- Define clear roles/expectations.
- Empower one another with accountability.
- Optimize resources with effective processes.
- Commit to professionalism/excellence.
- Seek feedback to enhance how we support one another.
Learn and Innovate
- Learn and coach people around you.
- Voice constructive criticism and stay open to feedback.
- Keep challenging/investing in people.
- Stay open to new ideas.
- Ask for their help when needed.
- Be ready to support colleagues.
- Respect ability to challenge.
- Interact with energy and humour.
- Acknowledge and learn from mistakes.
- Impart knowledge as part of work.
- Drive positive change with courage.
- Be creative, innovate and seek new ways to conduct business.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please enter “Response to HR Development Officer” in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: May 31, 2019
CAMH Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CAMH has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.