The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews of Canada (IFCJ Canada) is seeking a unique and passionate leader as its next Director of Development. Independently governed by a Canadian Board of Directors, IFCJ Canada, along with affiliate operations located in Israel, the United States, and South Korea, represents one of Israel’s largest philanthropic organizations delivering humanitarian aid to impoverished Israelis as well as Holocaust survivors, elderly Jews and families in need living in the former Soviet Union and other parts of the world.
IFCJ Canada has been operating as a registered charitable organization (No. 86941 1587 RR0001) since 2003. To learn more about IFCJ Canada, please visit www.ifcj.ca.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will oversee the continued growth and further development of IFCJ Canada.
This includes currently leading a team consisting of two Personal Giving and Community Engagement Representatives (MGO’s). The Director of Development will work with the Executive Director on the development of a future staffing plan to support the strategic growth of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead, manage and actively engage in stewardship of partners, sponsors and donors creating positive and enduring relationships
- Build and oversee solid prospect management to identify new opportunities for funding and partnerships
- Use own network and connect with new donors to identify new opportunities for charitable funding and partnerships
- Oversee the development of tools and techniques to further develop existing fund development plan
Marketing and Communications
- Collaborate with management team to develop and define brand and impact to current and potential donors
- Help develop advertising, marketing and communications strategy plans
Senior Management Role
- Develop and manage fundraising revenue targets
- Liaise with donor representatives to lend expertise and to support consistency in applications for grants and funding opportunities
Operations and Admin
- Provide oversight and direction to the CRM database and donor contact strategies
- Foster the growth of best practices in data management and donor communications, following CRA guidelines for gift acceptance, accounting, acknowledgment and donor management
Education, Training and/or Experience
- University Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma pertaining to the position
- 5 + years of senior leadership experience in Canadian non-profit management
- Direct experience working with major donors
- Proven track record in securing major gifts (6+ figures)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Commitment to IFCJ Canada’s mission
- Experience working with organizational founders
- Knowledge of Jewish and evangelical communities and their leadership throughout Canada
- Exceptional interpersonal leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit compassionate listening skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and internet search engines
- Experience with CRM and data analytics
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Holds a valid Class G Driver’s License
- Holds a valid Passport and is able and willing to travel abroad when required.
The office is located in downtown Toronto at Bay and Adelaide.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please enter: "Response to Director of Development" in the subject line of your email.
Emails only, no phone calls please during this initial phase of recruitment.