THE OPPORTUNITY AND THE ROLE:
The Associate, Marketing & Annual Giving leads the execution of Cystic Fibrosis Canada’s Direct Marketing Program including digital and traditional fundraising and lead generation work.
The role works closely with national and regional teams across Canada, ensuring the direct marketing program aligns with CF Canada’s main fund development strategy.
Enjoy working in a team that every day strives to achieve our mission of finding a cure or control for the rare and fatal genetic disease, cystic fibrosis. Enjoy perks like work-from-home flexibility, summer hours and an active social committee. Become part of the CF Canada family, working to make a difference in the lives of the 4,300 Canadians currently living with cystic fibrosis.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum three years’ experience working in direct marketing and/or annual giving;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office a must;
- Not-for-profit (NFP) work experience;
- Knowledge of direct mail and experience running mail campaigns from start to finish;
- Experience working with external vendors and agencies;
- Understanding of various fund development programs, such as annual giving, major gifts, planned giving;
- Understanding of the concept of ‘moves management’ in fund development;
- Experience working in digital and/or traditional direct marketing with fundraising objectives;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw meaningful insights from data to inform decisions;
- Understanding of the distinction and connection between marketing and fundraising at NFPs
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve;
- Excellent oral/written communication skills;
- Strong project management, copywriting and editing skills;
- Well-developed relationship management abilities;
- Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong work ethic with initiative, flexibility and drive.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
Direct Marketing Program 75%
- Work cross-departmentally to engage key stakeholders in decision making as required;
- Brief and source job quotations with external vendors;
- Close management of approved budgets, including processing of invoices;
- Critical path development and oversight;
- Work with vendors and internal stakeholders to propose segmentation plans, draft data requests, organise suppression files and data pulls;
- Lead the creative process, including story selection, community stakeholder liaison, vendor briefing, and leading asset development and production with external vendors;
- Editor of materials and assets pre-deployment and coordinating approvals;
- Utilize Raisers Edge database to ensure appeals are recorded and codes are set-up and added to donor records, working with vendors as needed;
- Work with vendors to ensure successful fulfilment and deployment of efforts;
- Monitor and report active and completed jobs, working with vendors and with analytical tools to create insights that can inform future decision making;
- Work closely with marketing and communications colleagues to leverage traditional media, social media, website and other tools to increase potential ROI of initiatives and;
- Work closely with finance, operations and donor relations teams to ensure gifts are acknowledged and receipted in a timely manner.
Fund Development Marketing Support 25%
- Lead fund development (FD) support projects from discovery and planning through to execution and evaluation, including management of approved budgets;
- Be the marketing team contact person for FD support requests;
- Be a leader for best practice Raisers Edge use and support with data/systems integration work;
- Write, review and/or edit donor-facing fund development materials;
- Identify chances to promote national fund development programs;
- Identify chances to progress donors along the moves management process, in collaboration with the major gifts teams;
- Collaborate with FD teams on strategy and initiatives relating to the monthly giving, tribute giving, mid-level giving and major gifts programs;
- Collaborate with FD, regional and marketing team colleagues to plan and implement a holistic approach to donor stewardship at CF Canada;
- Execute marketing services tasks, like: website updates, content creation, reporting, brand advocacy etc. and;
- Other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Associate, Marketing & Annual Giving” in your subject line, and include your salary expectations.
Note: Jobs are posted for a minimum of five (5) business days.
While, we wish to acknowledge all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is committed to making the recruitment process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
For additional information on our values (Excellence, Accountability, Caring & Teamwork), Cystic Fibrosis Canada and the courageous fight being waged against this disease, please visit www.cysticfibrosis.ca.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada (CF Canada) is a national charitable not-for-profit corporation established in 1960, and is one of the world’s top three charitable organizations committed to finding a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF). As an internationally recognized leader in funding innovation and clinical care, we invest more in life-saving CF research and care than any other non-governmental agency in Canada.
Since establishment, Cystic Fibrosis Canada has invested more than $253 million in leading research, innovation and care. As a result, Canadians with cystic fibrosis have one of the highest median survival rates in the world.
We rely on the generous support of our volunteers, donors, and partners in our shared mission to improve the lives of Canadians living with cystic fibrosis, and ultimately to find a cure for this devastating disease.