Posted On: 2019-05-15
Closing On: 2019-06-02
Employment Type: Full-Time
Indspire is an Indigenous national registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of improving educational outcomes for First Nations, Inuit and Métis students. Through Indspire’s education offerings, we provide resources to students, educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving success for Indigenous youth. In 2017-18, Indspire awarded $14.2 million through 4,900 bursaries and scholarships to Indigenous youth, making it the largest funder of Indigenous post-secondary education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a celebration of the successes achieved by First Nations, Inuit and Métis people that is broadcast nationally. Never has there been a better time to join this natural leader.
Never has there been a better time to join this national leader. In the position of Development Officer, Donor Services, you will play a key role in the creation and expansion of programs, events and activities to actively engage donors, sponsors, volunteers, and other key stakeholders in the work of the organization to enhance the success of Indspire’s fundraising programs and initiatives. You will proactively work to enhance Indspire’s relationships with its prospects, sponsors and donors, and act as the key liaison with third party fundraising events that benefit Indspire programs.
The position responsibilities of the Development Officer, Donor Services include:
Stewardship and Donor Services:
- Reports to the Vice President, Development, and works in consultation with the Director, Partnerships and Director, Individual Giving; plans and executes donor cultivation and stewardship activities for all donors, sponsors and supporters and ensures that excellent stewardship is practiced across the organization;
- Establishes and manages information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications and continued cultivation of supporters and generates ideas for new/improved stewardship activities to enhance their relationship with Indspire and increase the likelihood of continued and growing contributions;
- Ensures that details of stewardship plans are compiled and communicated to all involved parties across the organization, and that the plan is implemented throughout the year;
- Builds strong relationships with colleagues in Education and Finance Departments to collect data and stories to enhance Impact reports to donors and sponsors;
- Receives and tracks all RSVPs, invitations and responds to all inquiries related to development events/receptions and ensures that all invitees and attendees are recorded in the database;
- Works closely with Communications & Marketing Department as Development team liaison on events, website and materials related to fundraising, sponsorship, and stewardship including sponsor receptions, stewardship and cultivation events, Indspire Awards pre and post receptions, and conferences;
- Acts as the key contact for all external third-party fundraising initiatives and proactively grows the program by providing tools, materials, support and education to expand this revenue stream;
- Works closely with the Development team members to ensure follow-up after events including, but not limited to, timely post-event reports that adhere to Indspire’s acknowledgment standards;
- Remains current with best practices in fundraising, stewardship, cultivation, and recognition.
Administration and Development Team Support:
- Generates queries, reports, pull data and provides appropriate stewardship reports using templates, spreadsheets and other applications, information tools and techniques;
- Works closely with the Education and Finance departments to provide detailed information on Indspire programs and scholarship recipients to corporate sponsors and donors, i.e. provincial statistics, recipients contact lists, thank you letters from students, etc.;
- Enters corporate donations and pledges, prepares correspondence to corporate sponsors and donors, and responds to corporate sponsor or donor inquiries as required.
- Completion of Post-secondary education (college or university) or equivalent experience.
- Progressive experience with a minimum of three years’ experience in a non-profit organization or in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of the issues affecting Indigenous peoples and experience in Indigenous communities preferred.
- Demonstrated openness to learning and willingness to engage in cultural competency training.
- Basic knowledge of fundraising principles and experience working with fundraising software and/or contact databases is a requirement.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and administrative skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work and interact with a diversity of donors, sponsors, prospects and volunteers.
- Collaborative team player who takes initiative.
- Able to work quickly, efficiently and accurately with an attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge, or a similar donor database.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
- Occasional travel between Six Nations and Toronto offices is required.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position based in Toronto. The salary range is competitive with a good benefit package, including pension plan. As an Indigenous organization whose mandate is to promote opportunities for Indigenous people, we encourage applications from qualified Indigenous persons and all others interested in the position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your résumé, and cover letter to email@example.com. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
No agency calls please.