Posted On: 2019-05-16
Closing On: 2019-06-13
Employment Type: Full-Time
SICKKIDS FOUNDATION IS ON THE HUNT FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY
Associate Director, Major Gifts
(Chinese-Canadian Community Portfolio)
May 16, 2019
Permanent Full Time Position
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The Associate Director, Major Gifts is an integral part of the Major Gifts team at SickKids Foundation. In this role, the Associate Director will identify, build and manage productive relationships within the Chinese-Canadian community to secure support for the SickKids VS. Limits $1.3 billion campaign, the largest campaign in Canadian healthcare history. The Associate Director will focus on managing donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities and support Campaign Cabinet members to activate their relationships in support of SickKids.
In addition to managing a portfolio of new and existing donors, the Associate Director will collaborate with the Chinese Community Initiative team to identify potential donors and key influencers in the community locally and abroad to help achieve the Initiative’s fundraising goal of $25 million over 5 years.
Specific duties include:
- Build and manage a portfolio of 100 to 150 major gift donors with the capacity to make a gift of $100,000 plus;
- Complete donor calls and visits to identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and provide ongoing relationship management to donors;
- Play a key role in working with volunteers, colleagues (Hospital and Foundation) and researchers to identify individual donor prospects; develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for those donor prospects;
- Assist in the business planning process for the Major Gift team;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in direct and digital marketing, corporate and community partnerships, special events and gift and estate planning to advance donor relationships
- Work closely with the appropriate Foundation teams with regards to gift administration, brand marketing and communication, research and analytics, proposal development, recognition and stewardship;
- Develop a network of contacts interested in advancing the mission and success of SickKids Foundation and the Hospital for Sick Children.
- The successful applicant must possess the following
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, with a focus in fundraising, marketing, sales or other applicable disciplines;
- Superior communication, spoken and written skills in English, Mandarin and Cantonese;
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in fundraising with a minimum of three to five years in a major gift fundraising capacity;
- A track record soliciting and closing gifts at the $100K to $5 million+ level;
- Gift Planning experience would be an asset;
- Ability to build new and long-term relationships with prospects, donors and senior volunteers;
- Strong knowledge of Chinese-Canadian community organizations, local leaders, media and community events in the Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Mainland Chinese communities.
- The ability to articulate the importance of paediatric healthcare in its three facets: clinical, education and research;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task;
- A go-getter, team player and relationship-builder;
- Creative, resourceful, cost-efficient and intuitively driven;
- The ability to think strategically and work independently in directing new initiatives or enhancing existing programs;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking;
- Organized, detailed oriented, with strong follow through;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office); and
- Experience with data management systems (Blackbaud CRM).
Established in 1972, SickKids Foundation raises funds on behalf of The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) and is the largest charitable funder of child health research, learning and care in Canada. Philanthropy is a critical source of funding for SickKids– one of the world’s foremost paediatric health-care institutions. Thanks to the generosity of the community, and as a result of a record-breaking year in fundraising, SickKids Foundation generated an unprecedented $159 million for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2019. For more information, please visit sickkidsfoundation.com.
As a national charity, SickKids Foundation not only invests in the important work taking place at SickKids, it also invests in national and international initiatives to benefit children in Canada and around the world. This commitment is true to the spirit of the Foundation’s founders, who articulated a vision for the Foundation that went well beyond the hospital walls 40 years ago.
Together we will change the future of children’s health.
9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday (Occasional evening and weekend work required)
Internal and External Candidates
June 13, 2019
SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
SickKids Foundation is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment,
where all individuals feel valued, respected and supported. Candidates who require
accommodation during the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources