Posted On: 2019-05-23
Closing On: 2019-06-15
Employment Type: Full-Time
CAMH Foundation is the fundraising arm for CAMH, Canada’s leading hospital for mental health. Each year, CAMH provides exceptional care for more than 34,000 patients and responds to 500,000 outpatient visits. We inspire change in the mental health field through the professionals we train, the knowledge we share, and in the modern facilities we are building: embedded in the community and open to the world. Our passion is conveyed by engaging supporters in our innovative research, clinical care and treatment for patients and families of today and tomorrow.
CAMH Foundation is currently seeking a Development Coordinator, Major Gifts.
(Permanent Full Time)
CAMH Foundation is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented person to join CAMH Foundation’s Major Gift team to help achieve aggressive fundraising goals. The incumbent will provide direct administrative and fundraising support to up to three Senior Development Officers.
The incumbent will be part of the successful development and implementation of strategies for Major Gifts, and assist in raising funds from major and planned gifts prospects and donors. The Development Coordinator will support other strategic projects that help advance overall team goals as required. The successful candidate will be a mature, proactive, energetic and versatile individual who can manage multiple priorities in a busy office. The successful candidate enjoys the challenge of working in a vigorous, successful fundraising environment with responsibility for a wide range of assigned duties and projects. The incumbent will require strong administrative, multi-tasking and organizational skills to track and complete assigned development activities and prospect/donor portfolios. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in related fundraising roles and a strong interest in the Major Gifts field.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide accurate, responsive and professional administrative and organizational support to the Senior Development Officers.
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings and tours on behalf of the Senior Development officers, with prospects, donors, volunteers and others.
- Draft written materials on behalf of the Senior Development Officers, including briefing materials, call reports, meeting materials, progress reports, daily correspondence and planning documents as appropriate.
- Draft, format and edit a range of donor correspondence including gift acknowledgements, invitations, pledge forms and more.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, stewardship reports, and other Major Gift materials and packages.
- Assist Senior Development Officers in managing their prospect portfolios through the timely and accurate coordination, inputting, tracking and reporting of prospect actions.
- Ensure timely and accurate follow up and implementation of prospect and gift related actions.
- Assist as needed with organizing cultivation, stewardship and recognition events. Provide support at functions as needed. Some evening work is required.
- Update and maintain donor database, electronic and hard copy files and records.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc prospect, pledge, gift and other reports from Raiser’s Edge and online business tools.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information in a way that builds rapport and relationships.
- Interact with other members of the Foundation team to ensure a high level of information sharing and coordination of activity.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Other duties and responsibilities consistent with job classification.
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience
1 or more years relevant work experience as a fundraising team member. Major Gifts team experience is an asset.
General knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and standards preferred as evidenced by a combination of relevant work, education or professional development.
- Professionalism, good judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superb organizational and analytical skills
Strong overall administrative skills, including well developed business writing and proof-reading experience
Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to successfully manage multiple priorities in a hectic and results oriented environment
- Advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), database software and spreadsheet programs; familiarity with Raiser´s Edge a significant asset.
- A flexible team player with demonstrated ability to collaborate and support colleagues and motivated to achieve results.
- Evidence of professionalism, judgement, initiative, tact, discretion, diplomacy and creativity
Willingness to learn and to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
- Experience working in a health care or other large, complex not-for-profit environment is an asset
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Please enter “Response to HR CAMH Foundation Development Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: June 15, 2019
CAMH Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CAMH has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.