Posted On: 2019-05-23
Closing On: 2019-06-21
Employment Type: Full-Time
Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Toronto, ON
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is the only national, volunteer-based charity focused on finding the cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the lives of children and adults affected by these diseases.
We are one of the top two health charity funders of Crohn’s and colitis research in the world, investing $122 million in research since 1974, leading to important breakthroughs in genetics, gut microbes, inflammation and cell repair as well as laying the groundwork for new and better treatments.
We are transforming the lives of people affected by Crohn’s and colitis (the two main forms of inflammatory bowel disease) through research, patient programs, advocacy, and awareness.
Our Crohn’s & Colitis – Make it stop. For life. Campaign has already achieved $70 million (or 70%) of its goal, and funds raised are already advancing our mission.
Visit crohnsandcolitis.ca for more information.
The Coordinator, Donor Relations will provide prospect research, relationship and information management, fundraising intelligence/strategy, proposal writing and stewardship support to the organization with all development initiatives such as our Make it Stop. For Life campaign. You will support the delivery of a best in class donor experience for all new, current and potential donors to CCC.
Based in our National Office in Toronto and reporting directly to the National Director, Leadership Giving and Corporate Partnerships, you will work closely with both national and regional development teams in support of the organizations revenue/fundraising targets.
- Post secondary education in fundraising, business or communications and/or combination of work experience;
- CFRE designation or working towards designation, preferred;
- 2+ years of fundraising experience with demonstrated achievement in key aspects of donor relations;
- Proven experience in prospect development, management and stewardship;
- Experience collaborating with a wide-variety of stakeholders; thrives in a fast-paced work environment, maintaining a positive frame of mind and setting an example of professionalism for others;
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent writing, research, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills; proven ability to prepare and present brief but accurate and comprehensive reports or presentations to a variety of audiences;
- High degree of professionalism and maintaining confidentiality;
- Ability to work well under pressure and as a team member;
- Exceptional computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Knowledge of prospect management programs;
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with Raiser’s Edge Fundraising software;
- Membership with APRA International, APRA Canada, and AFP an asset; and
- Strong commitment to upholding the Code of Ethics as set out by AFP and APRA.
- In collaboration with members of the Development team, participate in the development and implementation of personalized donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies;
- Identify, research and qualify major gift prospects; gather information regarding their philanthropic interests, giving capacity, affinity to organization; provide prospect summary recommendations to development staff on prospect fundraising strategy and priorities;
- Work together with the Development team to coordinate the preparation of volunteer and regional staff major gifts resources such as research snapshots and briefings, call memos, contact reports, collateral materials such as fact sheets, annual and research reports, campaign brochures, resource binders, etc.;
- Prepare Prospect Research Snapshots and detailed Prospect Research Briefings outlining giving and funding history, career, board and civic memberships, family, philanthropic interests, assets and wealth, linkage, interest and ability to our organization, and provide strategic background information for Call Memo’s, Contact Reports, proposals, prospect/donor calls and meetings;
- Search for new prospects by scanning a variety of public resources (newspapers, articles, business magazines, etc. for corporations, foundations and individuals who may have funding interests which align with our organization and campaign, and through data mining activities and major donor alerts;
- Maintain prospect moves management system in Raiser’s Edge on development activities through actions, notes, proposals and reports; generate customized campaign and progress reports from the database; provide training to regional staff so they are able to maintain their own donor records, and maintain prospect information files, both electronic and paper;
- Remain current and fully informed on non-profit sector development, fundraising, prospect research and philanthropic trends as well as available resources and professional development activities in the field;
- Manage all activities related to development meetings, events and programs;
- Support Senior Leadership with the planning and scheduling of meetings, and meeting logistics for the Development Committee, National Advisory Council, Regional Campaign Cabinets, and regional bi-weekly major gifts meetings, and other key stakeholders and leadership volunteer meetings and events;
- Assist with preparation and distribution of meeting packages of materials and documents, taking accurate and professional minutes as required at the meetings and distributing to key stakeholders in a timely fashion for the above-mentioned meetings
- Develop and manage the implementation of a comprehensive donor recognition and stewardship program;
- Provide customized acknowledgements, stewardship reports and other related donor materials that advance major gifts from individual, corporate and foundation donors;
- Prepare a monthly activity report on various aspects of the Crohn’s and Colitis Canada campaign and major gift program by accessing data from the donor database and other files; and
- Create action reports for staff and volunteers with a view to accuracy and detail of data sourced from the donor database, committee meetings, and discussions with members of the Development teams.
- Research and prepare grant proposals that will advance the organizations programs, goals and financial needs; and
- Other duties as assigned by the National Director, Leadership Giving and Corporate Partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada provides a competitive compensation package and a rewarding work environment. Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume and cover letter indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote "Coordinator, Donor Relations" in the subject heading in your email. We thank all applicants for their interest to work at Crohn’s and Colitis Canada; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Crohn’s and Colitis Canada is committed to making our recruitment process accessible to all candidates and provides accommodations for disabilities upon request.