Posted On: 2019-05-28
Closing On: 2019-06-28
Location: Toronto (Yonge and Eglinton)
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our team. The incumbent will play an important role in the day-to-day development and execution of marketing and communication campaigns.
About the Organization:
Easter Seals is a national charitable organization with close to 100 years of community service in Canada. We are a trusted industry leader and Canada’s largest local provider of programs, services, issues-leadership and development for the disability community. We strive to enhance the quality of life, well-being and independence of Canadians living with disabilities.
Easter Seals helps to ensure that all children, youth and adults who are living with disabilities have access to the equipment, technology, programs, services and support they need to make the most of their abilities and participate fully in society.
About the Position:
This position will be responsible for executing tactics in support of all marketing and communications for Easter Seals Canada and growing our brand.
Working with the Vice-President, and reporting directly to the Senior Manager, National Corporate Partnership, the Coordinator of Marketing and Communications will help build and enhance the Easter Seals brand by creating compelling and persuasive marketing and communication materials for internal and external audiences. This position will support a variety of print and electronic projects, including social media, website content, annual campaigns, and funding proposals.
The following description provides a brief outline of the duties and responsibilities of the position as well as the skills and characteristics that would help ensure a successful employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the team, develop and implement marketing strategies and plans to drive marketing and communications objectives across website, email, social media etc.
- Develop marketing materials, including video assets, print and digital collateral.
- Responsible for developing content for e-blasts, e-newsletters, website, reports, online marketing and fundraising materials.
- Execute and monitor all social media activities.
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly Google Analytics, media coverage, etc., summary reports.
- Support stewardship and reporting activities to funders, partners and the broader community.
- Champion the brand both internally and externally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Characteristics:
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in working in the charity sector, and an interest in supporting those persons living with a disability. Essential Skills include:
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proactive, creative, technically savvy, tenacious and diplomatic.
- Can work with limited supervision to achieve results and meet deadlines in fast pace environment.
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative, flexible and adaptable.
Education and Other Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in related field.
- 3+ years of marketing and communications experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office -Word, Excel, Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, Windows Movie Maker/iMovie, Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp is required.
- Additional prior training/experience using other similar softwares an asset.
- Graphic design, video production and web development experience, an asset.
- Experience supporting comprehensive multi-channel marketing and communications, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar analytics and reporting tools.
- Demonstrated ability in writing and developing sponsorship packages, marketing campaigns, digital collateral.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter (PDF format) addressed to Easter Seals Canada to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm Friday, June 21st. 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for interviews.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation due to a disability to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.