Posted On: 2019-05-29
Closing On: 2019-06-25
Location: 89 Queensway West
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Development Officer, Philanthropy
Reports To: Manager, Philanthropy
Work Location: Primarily based out of Trillium Health Partners Foundation’s office at 89 Queensway West, with some work executed across all three sites of Trillium Health Partners: Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre
Posted: May 29, 2019
Deadline: June 25, 2019
Are you motivated by the opportunity to be part of a movement to create a new kind of health care in Mississauga, Peel Region and West Toronto? Are you an extraverted person who connects easily with others and who enjoys public speaking and inspiring large groups of people? Are you eager to join a dynamic, growing team who is passionate about creating a work environment that is inspiring, productive and fun? If so, please read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity at Trillium Health Partners Foundation.
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Working with donors, Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF) raises the critical funds needed to address the highest priority needs of Trillium Health Partners. THPF is a team of 35 professionals that strategically drives success as one of the highest performing hospital foundations in the country. Having raised more than $38 million last year, our organization is positioned for growth, and is in the planning stages of a large-scale comprehensive campaign.
Join our team and help us inspire investment in a new kind of health care for a healthier community!
THE POSITION – OVERVIEW:
With a high level of enthusiasm, the incumbent is eager to contribute to an inspiring organization that makes significant impact within our community. Third party initiatives (community events) are vital in the building of relationships with our donors and the external community. They play an integral role in nurturing the profile of the Foundation and generating significant revenue. Last year our third party events raised $1.5 million through 150 events.
The incumbent will be self-motivated and driven to succeed with an “even better if” attitude. In covering a broad range of duties this position is responsible for recruiting individuals, groups (service clubs and cultural groups) and companies to raise funds for Trillium Health Partners Foundation.
Managing and stewarding existing relationships is also crucial to this role. Inspired to contribute, and ready to work hard and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, the individual must be passionately inspired by our mission to inspire investment in a new kind of healthcare.
- Facilitate, cultivate, steward and manage community partners who raise money through third party initiatives and community engagement for THP on behalf of THPF
- Make presentations to organizations, groups, and companies to help encourage support of THPF
- Attend events in the community that are supporting THPF (regular evening and weekend work hours are part of this job)
- Support on-line promotion by updating third party event calendar and assist third party organizers with THPF’s fundraising platform: individual donation page set-up/questions
- Works in collaboration with the Donor Relations team to ensure donors are appropriately recognized and informed
- Develop strong retention and execute acquisition strategies (proposal writing, etc.) to engage greater community support and increase longevity of donor giving
- Manages third party requests and acts as a resource for third party events providing information, promotional material, and support
For each event:
- Work with the THPF team to coordinate briefing notes, speaking roles, social media and online
- Arrange pick up/delivery of THPF materials (banners, donation forms, resource materials, cheques)
- Oversee tax receipting eligibility as per CRA guidelines
- Keep Raiser’s Edge database updated with all actions and media
- Ensure all pertinent donor information is consistently updated in Raiser’s Edge
The ideal candidate for this role will display the following qualifications and skills:
- Strong organizational, problem solving and administrative skills
- Goal-oriented and able to work independently to achieve results
- Excellent writing and communication skills (ability to deliver and create presentations and speeches)
- Donor/Client database experience essential (preferably in Raiser’s Edge)
- High level of maturity and aptitude for working in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with private and confidential material
Experience and Education:
- Minimum college diploma (beneficial if in fundraising, volunteer management or event planning)
- Experience with Not-for-Profit fundraising
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation, or willingness to work toward is considered an asset.
At Trillium Health Partners Foundation, we care passionately about fulfilling the needs of our hospital and our community. To achieve this objective, our team is committed to embodying the values of our team-created “ICARE” philosophy: inspiration, courage, accountability, respect, and excellence. The selected candidate must be eager and able to contribute to advancing this organizational culture.
- Willingness to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends will be required to accommodate events, service club presentations etc.)
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- Foundation office is located at #800, 89 Queensway West, and occasionally required to work across the three Trillium Health Partners sites.
- Please submit your cover letter and résumé to: Katie Pikula at Katie.email@example.com
- For further information on Trillium Health Partners Foundation we invite you to visit our website at www.trilliumgiving.ca
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Interviews may be scheduled in advance of the closing date for applications received early