Posted On: 2019-05-30
Closing On: 2019-06-14
Employment Type: Contract
About Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada and Stand Up for Kids
Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada is our country's leading charity dedicated to improving the lives of children and youth growing up in the child welfare system. We raise and grant funds, and deliver a wide range of high-impact programs and services in partnership with 77 child- and youth-serving agencies across the country that support more than 22,700 vulnerable young people annually. Stand Up for Kids is our national campaign for child welfare, which aims to change the futures of Canada’s most at-risk kids – those who have experienced abuse, neglect, and abandonment. We know that by helping these young people to overcome their trauma and break the cycle for future generations, they gain the strength and resilience to create a lifetime of their own unstoppable successes. Learn more at cafdn.org.
The Foundation is a dynamic and growing non-profit organization committed to the long term growth and stability of funding for child welfare programs across the country. Our staff members are a highly committed team of professionals who are dedicated to delivering excellence and maximizing the social value of donations and volunteer contributions to child welfare in Canada.
Purpose of the Position
The Development Officer, Corporate and Community Giving plays a pivotal role in the delivery of the Foundation’s community initiatives, which raise funds for life-changing programs for children and youth involved with child welfare across the country. Working under the direction of the Director, Corporate and Community Partnerships, the Officer is responsible for implementing the fundraising strategy of the Foundation’s newly integrated corporate and community portfolio and the cultivation of new business, with a particular focus on growing new cause-marketing partnerships as well as second-party and third-party fundraising event partnerships. In addition, this role will support and execute workplace giving campaigns, including the internal staff campaign. This role will play an important part in the successful achievement of Corporate and Community Partnerships revenue targets.
This is an exciting opportunity for a fundraiser interested in corporate and community fundraising with proven experience in building relationships, coordinating events and creating compelling programs which motivate community-level fundraising (e.g.,2nd and 3rd party events, cause marketing, workplace giving, etc.). This is a fast paced, supportive team environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. The successful incumbent will be an active member of the fundraising team working collaboratively with the other departments at the Foundation, and passionate for creating more resources for underserved children and youth. The ideal candidate is a proactive, highly organized, dynamic and innovative thinker who enjoys an entrepreneurial environment.
- Support the successful execution of the Foundation’s annual business plan
- Develop and manage fundraising programs/initiatives and donor relationships focusing primarily on individual fundraisers, 2nd and 3rd party fundraising events, cause marketing, workplace giving, and partnerships with small to medium size companies
- Drive new business development to contribute to the growth of the portfolio
- Identify opportunities for growth and expansion within existing relationships
- Conduct presentations and donor solicitation meetings to secure new corporate and community events
- Coordinate community development events, including partnership-based retail initiatives, events, and other campaigns, with support from marketing and donor relations
- Act as a Foundation representative and liaison at community events and events committee meetings
- Assist in the vetting, preparation, and presentation of community development/event and corporate proposals and reports
- Proactively guide prospective donors/groups in alignment with Foundation priorities
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to develop and execute promotional strategies in Foundation channels
- Assist with revenue collection related to community events from sponsors, suppliers and donors
- Provide subject matter expertise for the development of the annual community fundraising plan
- Support the recruitment, training, retention and recognition of community events volunteers
- Plan and execute annual staff giving programs to inspire donations among staff at the Foundation (30 staff) as well as the Children’s Aid Society of Toronto (CAST) (800+ staff)
- Develop and execute outstanding donor stewardship plans
- Maintain accurate and timely records on donor and prospect activities including; entering data and notes into Raiser’s Edge, and sharing call notes on a timely basis with the team.
- Proven experience (2-4 years) in developing and executing community-level/corporate fundraising activities and track record of successfully soliciting and securing donations through a variety of revenue channels;
- Understanding and practical experience leveraging donor cultivation, acquisition and stewardship cycles;
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated capacity in writing and creating compelling donor engagement materials;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify new revenue opportunities;
- Solid understanding of database management, gift processing and donor relations;
- Excellent ability to manage time with multiple competing deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, communicate at all levels with confidence and sound judgement, tact and confidentiality in relation to beneficiaries (the children and youth that we serve), donors, volunteers, staff and the public;
- University or college degree in marketing, communications, business administration, fundraising diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Interest in social justice, child welfare, child rights
- Alignment to organizational values: Care & Compassion, Child & Youth Focused, Excellence & Leadership, Integrity, Collaboration/Teamwork
Hours of work
- Regular office hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Vacation restrictions during busy periods.
- Local travel occasionally, during business hours.
- Opportunity for shared supervision of department interns, as applicable
Please forward a current resume, with covering letter in one single document, detailing how your qualifications match this opportunity and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "DOCG2019” in the subject line of your email by June 14, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest in the work of Children’s Aid Foundation of Canada; but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.