Posted On: 2019-06-03
Closing On: 2019-06-14
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Scarborough Health Network (SHN), formerly Scarborough and Rouge Hospital, the patient experience comes first. With three hospitals (Birchmount, Centenary, and General) and eight satellite sites, SHN provides a broad spectrum of health services to one of the most diverse communities in Canada.
To support SHN’s vision to become Canada’s leading teaching community health network – transforming the patient experience, Scarborough Health Network Foundation (SHNF) is about to embark on a $100 million capital campaign and is seeking an energetic Development Coordinator to provide direct administrative and fundraising support to the Gift Planning team.
Reporting to the Director, Major Gifts, the Development Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of strategies for raising funds from major gift donors and prospects. The successful candidate will have strong administrative and organizational skills in a multi-faceted environment. The successful candidate enjoys the challenge and responsibility of having a wide range of assigned duties and projects and has a strong interest in major gift activity.
- Provide proactive administrative support to the Gift Planning Team and President & CEO, including drafting correspondence, preparing reports and presentations, as well as maintaining records in Raiser’s Edge;
- Coordinate cabinet and committee meetings, prepare draft agendas, and action minutes and distribute to volunteers;
- Coordinate the activities of the gift planning team and support all fundraising activities including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects/donors;
- Update Raiser’s Edge (RE) fundraising database; input new donors, change donors’ records, run queries, pull lists and reports for Gift Planning team;
- Draft and prepare major gift correspondence including cover letters and proposals;
- Assist with the planning and execution of all major gift cultivation events (tours, dinners, etc.)
- Manage RSVP lists for all major gift cultivation.
Gift Planning Team Support
- Support the Gift Planning Team by preparing meeting materials, briefing notes, tracking and coordinating follow-ups;
- Provide accurate, responsive and professional administrative and organizational support to Gift Planning team;
- Schedule and coordinate logistics for meetings and tours with prospects, donors, volunteers and others;
- Draft, format, and edit a range of donor correspondence including gift agreements, proposals, invitations, pledge forms and more;
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, stewardship reports, and other major gift materials and packages;
- Ensure timely and accurate follow up and implementation of prospect and gift related actions.
- Assist in managing their prospect portfolios through the timely and accurate coordination, inputting, tracking and reporting of prospect actions;
- Regularly monitor the pipeline and ensure an active moves management cycle with the Gift Planning team.
Other Responsibilities as Required
- Update and maintain donor database, electronic and hard copy files and records.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc prospect, pledge, gift and other reports from Raiser’s Edge and online business tools.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information in a way that builds rapport and relationships.
- Interact with other members of the Foundation team to ensure a high level of information sharing and coordination of activity.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Other duties and responsibilities consistent with job classification.
- 3 or more years relevant work experience as a fundraising team member. Working with a major gifts team experience is an asset;
- General knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and standards preferred as evidenced by a combination of relevant work, education or professional development;
- Professionalism, good judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Superb organizational and analytical skills;
- Strong overall administrative skills, including well developed business writing and proof-reading experience;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and to successfully manage multiple priorities in a hectic and results oriented environment;
- Advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), database software and spreadsheet programs; Experience with Adobe InDesign would be considered an asset;
- Must be proficient with Raiser´s Edge donor software;
- A flexible team player with demonstrated ability to collaborate and support colleagues and motivated to achieve results;
- Evidence of professionalism, judgement, initiative, tact, discretion, diplomacy, and creativity;
- Willingness to learn and to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate;
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends;
- Access to a vehicle and a valid Ontario driver’s license.
- University degree /college diploma in relevant field required.
- Healthcare or not-for-profit experience.
- Major Gift or Campaign experience.
- Experience working with diverse cultures.
- Second language an asset.
SHNF offers a culture that fosters Inclusiveness, Courageousness, Inspiration, and Innovation. We embrace and celebrate our community´s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHNF is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
Please visit our website to apply to this position:
Job Number: J0619-0013