Posted On: 2019-06-03
Closing On: 2019-06-21
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary Hiring Range: $56,050 - $69,620
About Food Banks Canada
Food Banks Canada supports and works with a network of over 3,000 food-related organizations in every province and territory to find innovative solutions for local communities on the issue of food insecurity. Every month, this unique network sees 1.1 million visits. We work together to share over 200 million pounds of safe quality food annually, provide social programs that help to foster self-sufficiency, and advocate for policy change that will help create a Canada where no one goes hungry. Visit www.foodbankscanada.ca for more information.
As a key Food Banks Canada team member, the Senior Development Officer, Partnerships will work collaboratively with stakeholders in the areas of corporate partnership activation, stewardship, event planning, communications and network support. Ensure a positive image of Food Banks Canada with its membership, stakeholders and the public.
The Senior Development Officer, Partnerships, provides exceptional organizational support in order to ensure successful implementation of Food Banks Canada’s mandate. These activities include supporting the Chief Development and Partnerships Officer with partnership relationship cultivation, solicitation, support and stewardship and communication for large multi-faceted partnerships; leading strategic initiatives on behalf of the development team; donor database support and other team projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Initiatives (50%)
- Leads the planning and execution with the Manager, of Volunteers and National Programs of the After the Bell Activation (Event Day)
- Leads the planning and execution of the corporate stewardship and new business development event opportunities (including the Power Breakfast Series)
- Leads the Development Team’s work for the Donor Recognition (Donor Awards and Donor Ad) and Impact Report
- Supports the planning of the Strategic Fundraising Advisory Committee (SFAC) meetings
- Key liaison with the SFAC for prospect clearance and resource management
Partner Relations (25%)
- Lead support for Chief Development and Partnership Officer for major donor relations ($300K+) and with campaign executions
Development Team Support (20%)
- Respond to prospective corporate opportunities and network inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
- Support corporate development colleagues to identify, cultivate prospects, build pitch decks, conduct donor analysis
- Facilitate the execution of content strategy for the Development and Partnerships team including web, drafting of social media, blogs and e-blast communication plans and posts. Design support is an asset.
- Facilitate invoicing for corporate accounts.
- Produce relevant reports for staff team as required.
- Back up responsibility for all donor gift entry and database support.
- Back up for reception (incoming calls, greeting guests) a shared function.
- Support requests of staff as assigned (requests might include development of correspondence, finalizing letters, pulling together meeting packages, staff travel, external meeting logistics, ordering lunch, clerical).
Other duties as assigned (5%)
This job description is provided to capture the primary components of this role. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list. An individual may be required to perform other tasks which may not be listed but are consistent with the general intent of this role.
From time to time, Food Banks Canada may make changes to this job description. Reasons for such changes include, but are not limited to, changes in business processes and practices, technology changes, legal requirements, network feedback, or changes to organization structure and reporting relationships.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- BA or equivalent in marketing, fundraising management or another related field
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in corporate development (on the agency side) or fundraising preferred
- Experience with managing donor/client relationships
- Well-developed collaboration skills
- Experience working in a team environment across multiple stakeholder groups both internal and external
- Volunteer experience particularly in the area of food banks and/or hunger reduction an asset
- Committed to organizational mission of reducing hunger
- Basic Adobe Design Skillsets in Photoshop or Illustrator and basic HTML coding and comfort with working with CMS
- French language skills an asset
- Professional presence, with a positive attitude and self-starter, accountable approach project management
- Relationship centered – you like working with varied people towards a common goal
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy including strong proofreading skills
- Outgoing and personable with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines and priorities
- Strong technical skills: learn / understand relationship management databases (like Raiser’s Edge/Sales Force etc…), e-mail programs (Convio and MailChimp), task management tools (Planner/Monday), file sharing (e.g. Dropbox), ability to learn other web based systems (e.g. analytical tools such as Google analytics) etc.
This position is a full-time position. It has flexible hours as the nature of the work and the time zone differences must be taken into consideration when determining hours of work. It is understood that all team members are often required to work irregular hours to ensure that the objectives of the organization are being met. This includes the potential for some evenings and weekends.
- Sitting, computer, reading and inputting data
- Some lifting - moving things in and out of vehicles/buildings
Training and Orientation
Orientation for this position will be provided to ensure understanding of the role, access to information required to perform the responsibilities.
Compensation will be determined by the job class and the candidates experience and capabilities brought to the position.Salary Hiring Range $56,050 - $69,620.
The Senior Development Officer is required to sign Confidentiality and Intellectual Property and Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreements.
The Senior Development Officer reports to the Chief Development and Partnerships Officer.
Visit www.foodbankscanada.ca for more information about our organization.
Food Banks Canada is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all those who apply but only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume by 5pm EST June 21, 2019 to email@example.com.