Founded in 1962, Bayview Glen is an independent, co-educational university preparatory school and member of the CIS, CAIS and Round Square organizations. Our students are challenged to participate at their optimum level, balancing rigorous academic schedules with a wide range of sports, special interest clubs, community service activities and spirited school events.
Bayview Glen is currently looking for a full-time Senior Advancement Officer. This position plays a lead role in ensuring the success of Bayview Glen’s philanthropic efforts and will be responsible for advancing the School’s fundraising goals and targets by fostering strong relationships with current and past parents, alumni and friends that will strengthen volunteer and constituent relations. The Senior Advancement Officer will implement and manage a range of development programs including regular and special campaigns, donor stewardship programs and community relations outreach. This position reports to the Senior Director of Advancement.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Post-secondary education and/or a diploma in fundraising, marketing, public relations, event management or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the not-for-profit sector with direct experience dealing with major donors;
- Motivated self-starter, energetic with a positive attitude and has a keen attention to detail;
- Proficiency with MS Office, Raiser’s Edge and donor databases;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and has an outstanding customer service orientation;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with School leadership, staff and volunteers in the identification of potential donor constituencies and in the planning of campaign initiatives and events;
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills to engage with donors and potential donors;
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, including event planning, with various timelines and handle competing and changing priorities;
- Sound judgement with the ability to proactively problem solve;
- Flexibility to work on occasional evenings/weekends;
Bayview Glen offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefit and RRSP plan and a collegial work environment dedicated to the professional development of all staff.
We invite all qualified candidates to submit a cover letter and resume (combined in one document) to email@example.com by no later than June 14, 2019. Please indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries or agencies please.
Bayview Glen is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please contact our Human Resources Department for assistance if required.