Posted On: 2019-06-21
Closing On: 2019-07-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Manager, Leadership Giving
Sinai Health System Foundation
HOURS OF WORK (Subject to Change)
37.5 Hours per week; due to nature of position additional hours may be required
Non-Union, Non- Hospital
As one of Canada’s pre-eminent patient care, research and academic health science centres, Sinai Health System has a well-earned reputation for excellence in the community, across Canada and internationally.
Sinai Health Foundation raises and stewards funds to support Sinai Health System. Sinai Health System is Canada’s leading integrated health system and comprises Bridgepoint Active Healthcare; Circle of Care; Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute; and Mount Sinai Hospital, Joseph & Wolf Lebovic Health Complex. The generous support of our community fuels everything we do from seamless care to scientific discovery.
People are excited to come to work every day at Sinai Health Foundation. As a world-class institution, we have a unique and rich personality. We are driven to make a positive impact for patients, their families and society.
We love the clash of ideas that lead to better solutions. Challenging the status quo is encouraged. Collaborating will allow us to push forward.
We recognize that the pace of change continues to accelerate and understand flexibility is vital. We take our work seriously and have a lot of fun doing it! Laughter echoes throughout our organization.
We embrace and celebrate differences. We look for diversity and inclusion when we hire top talent. We have great respect for our strengths, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles.
We have high expectations of each other, but even higher expectations of ourselves. We are not hampered by rules and processes, we trust in each other.
We do all that we can do…and then we find a way to do a little bit more. We embody creativity, imagination and a fierce determination to make the world a better place.
The Foundation is seeking an individual with outstanding individual giving fundraising skills to fill the role of Manager, Leadership Giving. Reporting to the Executive Director, Annual and Leadership Gifts the Manager will manage a portfolio of donors at giving levels from $5,000 to $25,000. This includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects of gifts and donor pledges.
You will own and grow a portfolio of relationships. You will champion lead generation and prospect identification/cultivation as well as one-to-one relationship building for a portfolio of relationships you own.
The Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development of a 5 year-plan for the Leadership Giving portfolio with the goal of raising $4M by 2023 (plan will include financial goals for each year and will be around 4 key elements: identification of prospects, cultivation strategies, asks and stewardships including recognition societies);
- Development and execution of leadership level gifts and pledges focused on gifts between $5,000 and $25,000.
- Identifies new potential donors to grow the leadership giving pipeline. This position will collaborate with the Annual Giving team to identify and transition potential Annual Program donors to the Leadership Giving program.
- Work closely with the major gift team to identify and migrate donors between portfolios
- Develops individualized cultivation and stewardship strategies for each prospect.
- Works with Prospect Research to develop research profiles on donors and new prospects.
- Attend weekly Fundraising meeting with CEO and Major Gift Directors to monitor progress to date and discuss strategy.
- Prepares donor correspondence, briefing notes, proposals, call reports, and other materials as required for portfolio activities.
- In conjunction with Donor Relations, develops customized stewardship strategies for portfolio donors.
- Works with Donor Services team on gift processing to ensure that appropriate letters, tax receipts, invitations, and other correspondence are sent in a timely manner.
- Manages prospect pipeline and track performance and report progress monthly.
- Leverage organizational assets and campaigns for leadership gift fundraising.
- Be an “out-the-door” fundraiser allocating time on donor-facing activities
- Develops−and oversees the implementation of−innovative, multi-channel strategies for leadership giving acquisition, retention and upgrade
- Collaborates on creative design, messaging and data segmentation for leadership giving prospect mailings
- Build a strong volunteer leadership base of supporters with goals, objectives and enablers
- Strengthen relationships by engaging through numerous cultivation, events, and communication streams
- Successful completion of a University Degree in a relevant field from a recognized educational institution or an equivalent education program preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent and related gift solicitation experience preferably within a hospital setting.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a tactful and professional manner.
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar database preferred.
- Respectful and service oriented to donors, volunteers, and peer foundation and hospital staff
- Demonstrated ability to attend to details; exceptional follow-through as demonstrated through effective project management experience.
- Works well in a diverse team environment with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of donor stewardship fundamentals preferred.
The successful applicant will be an employee of the Mount Sinai Hospital Foundation, not Mount Sinai Hospital.
Please submit your application (Cover Letter and Resume) by clicking on the link below: