Fundraising Specialist (Part-Time One-Year Contract)
Closing date: Friday, July 19, 2019
We are hiring a Fundraising Specialist to create, build and manage a robust portfolio of new donors and new agency relationships. This will be a perfect opportunity for a seasoned fundraising professional to help increase the impact of our work while enjoying a flexible work schedule. This position works in collaboration with our Manager of Resource Development, and reports to the Executive Director. This is a one-year part-time contract commencing September 3, 2019 with the possibility of renewal.
New Circles Community Services is an innovative agency, driven by volunteers, that provides clothing, connections and skills training programs to residents of designated priority neighbourhoods in the City of Toronto. Established over 15 years ago, our core mission is to ensure that local families struggling with poverty can meet their basic need for adequate clothing. We operate the largest clothing bank in Toronto under the name of GLOW (Gently Loved Outfits to Wear), designed to offer a retail shopping experience that preserves dignity for clients. We also provide city wide emergency relief for individuals in immediate need of clothing and/or those that are newcomers or refugees to Canada. GLOW has more than 15,000 clients using our services annually.
Clothing is just the beginning. We know to build strong and caring communities we must provide our clients with programs to help them integrate socially and economically into the community. We offer volunteer programs, life skills and wellness workshops, office and retail skills programs, and settlement support services.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Proactively identifies and engages donor prospects at the $10,000 plus level
- Builds and maintains a pipeline to grow donor partnerships
- Works within a solicitation plan to build new relationships through a series of personal visits, meetings, events and follow up stewardship practices
- Tracks and reports progress to the Executive Director and Fundraising Committee of the Board
- Evaluates success and progress of accomplishing goals and refines business tactics as needed
- Develops a deep understanding of New Circles mission and goals to effectively communicate to the giving community
- Utilizes and maintains administrative systems of the organization
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Minimum of 7 years experience in successful major gifts and corporate partnership environment
- Track record of success in developing, building and managing corporate partnerships
- Self-starter with an ability to “think outside the box”
- Evidence of past success implementing processes to build/cultivate donor relationships and growing stewardship processes
- Must possess outstanding presence, self-confidence & enthusiasm and be comfortable engaging with all levels of stakeholders
- Must be highly organized with experience in using computer business applications
- Excellent communication skills, including written skills, public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Position demands the ability to positively interact internally as a team member as well as externally with donors and leadership members
Highly competitive compensation.
Closing date: Friday, July 19, 2019.
Please send your resume and cover letter as one attachment to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.