Are you passionate about delivering a remarkable stewardship experience to stakeholders? Here’s a leadership opportunity to elevate and re-invent the experience we deliver to corporate partners and the member hospital foundations we serve. The impact is remarkable and based in our shared belief that if we change the health of children, we will change the health of Canada.
Canada's Children's Hospital Foundations (CCHF) is recruiting a Director, Constituent Experience to be part of an energetic team that creates a remarkable end-to-end experience for corporate partners and donors, to enable the greatest possible impact at a local and personal level. In doing so, the incumbent will also get to work with some of Canada’s biggest brands and children’s hospitals.
The ideal candidate is a stewardship expert; never satisfied with the status quo and passionate about always taking it to the next level. A skilled problem solver, s(he) thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities and quickly respond to the needs of partners in well-thought out and workable solutions.
The incumbent will oversee an existing program, bringing creative solutions to the table, and manages projects in a way that looks effortless. S(he) will be comfortable and adept at working collaboratively with the Corporate Partnerships, Integrated Fundraising, and Finance teams, and with 13 CCHF member hospital foundations in order to gain buy-in n an environment of competing priorities.
If this is you, read on.
ABOUT CANADA’S CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL FOUNDATIONS
Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations (CCHF), established in 2017, is a not-for-profit organization that raises funds for a network of hospital foundations as the largest single, non-government national funder of children’s health in Canada. CCHF runs the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH) campaigns in Canada, and other national corporate and peer-to-pear campaigns garnering support of more than $50 million each year.
Together, we represent 13 of Canada’s children’s hospitals where the greatest challenges are tackled. The next big opportunity for CCHF is to bring to Canadians a nation-wide story of impact relating to children’s health, shared through the strength of children’s hospitals across the country. The goal is to significantly expand fundraising and impact for children's health in Canada.
CCHF HOSPITAL FOUNDATIONS PARTNERS
CCHF’s founding members represent 13 of Canada’s children’s hospital foundations as follows:
- Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation, St. John’s, NF
- IWK Foundation, Halifax, NS
- CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation, Montreal, QC
- The Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation, Montreal, QC
- CHEO Foundation, Ottawa, ON
- SickKids Foundation, Toronto, ON
- McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation, Hamilton, ON
- Children’s Health Foundation, London, ON
- The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB
- Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Foundation, Saskatoon, SK
- Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation, Edmonton, AB
- Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation, Calgary, AB
- BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver, BC
Stewardship, Partner Recognition & Activation Support (40%)
- Create, manage and drive customized stewardship and recognition strategies for top corporate partners and key Program & Event audiences
- Develop and launch new and integrated digital approaches to partner recognition and stewardship, working in collaboration with our internal marketing and social media team
- Collaborate with development teams (internally and externally) to identify new stewardship and recognition opportunities
- Oversee and evaluate current programs and strategies while taking into account the changing fundraising landscape and a highly competitive market
- Leverage available data and business intelligence to analyse and refine programs to ensure resources are being allocated appropriately
Hospital & Stakeholder Relations (30%)
- Develop and implement engagement strategies and tools designed to cultivate deeper relationships with member hospital foundations’ Program Directors
- Develop detailed stewardship plans for each $1M+ partner and other strategic partners identified in the portfolio
- Design tools, including partner value reports, that can be used to maintain and strengthen relationships with current partners in view of renewing and enhancing their support
- Effectively manage expenses to be in line with individual and overall budgets
- Develop detailed communications plans to ensure alignment across the country
- Facilitate effective relationships with Hospital Foundation colleagues to ensure campaign success from coast-to-coast
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals Relations (20%)
- Act as one of our primary points of contact between CCHF and CMNH, including the development of a defined stakeholder relations matrix, to ensure ongoing collaboration, alignment and efficiency across our organizations
- Work collaboratively with colleagues on CCHF Integrated Marketing team and CMNH Content Marketing team on joint initiatives, including our signature Champions program, and other initiatives as they evolve
- Participate in monthly Hospital Task Force calls – a working group of representatives from hospital foundation markets across North America
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from university or college
- 5-7 years related experience in stewardship and donor relations, communications, public relations, community social responsibility or marketing
- Demonstrated experience working in a networked or franchise model organization, and an ability to navigate complex organizations
- Ability to manage the needs of multiple stakeholders across our network
- Experience managing direct reports, including coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Knowledge of generally accepted stewardship and donor relations principles and practices
- Donor and event management experience
- Relevant knowledge and experience with Corporate Social Responsibility goals and expectations
- Demonstrated competency in reporting systems and tools, such as Power BI, Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Experience with and knowledge of digital communications, including web, social and email
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong planning and administration skills
- Strategic, innovative, and creative approach to challenges and opportunities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Collaborative team player
- A “go getter”
- Must possess a valid drivers licence and have access to a vehicle
- Willingness to travel overnight (Canada and US) and occasional weekend and holiday events
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should forward their resume and a cover letter explaining why you believe you are the best candidate to Brady Hambleton at email@example.com by Friday July 19, 2019.
CCHF is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. If you are the successful candidate and require accommodation, CCHF will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls or agencies please.