Posted On: 2019-06-28
Closing On: 2019-07-15
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Pathways to Education Canada
Pathways to Education is a national, charitable organization breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Its award-winning program is creating positive social change by supporting youth living in low-income communities to overcome barriers to education, graduate from high school, and build the foundation for a successful future. Through the collective power of partnerships, Pathways to Education’s innovative program is preparing youth for tomorrow.
The Opportunity: Development Coordinator
Under the supervision of the Director, Fundraising Operations, the Development Coordinator will provide a combination of support and coordination crucial to the fundraising success of Pathways to Education. The Coordinator will support the Resource Development team with list pulls, ongoing donor data integrity, prospect research, donor communication and event assistance.
We seek a curious, process driven, proactive fundraising professional who is comfortable behind the screen tackling complex queries, updating database coding, and generating efficient processes to support an excellent donor experience. The incumbent is eager to learn, seeks continuous improvement and finds joy in improving Pathways donor data.
We require an individual with exceptional project coordination skills, strong analytical talents, great attention to detail, and the ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects with tight deadlines.
What we offer:
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a leading not-for-profit dedicated to excellence and impact;
- Opportunities for learning and professional development;
- Competitive base salary;
- Comprehensive health benefits package;
- RRSP program; and
- Four weeks’ annual vacation.
What you’ll do:
- Perform data pulls including generating the query, export and review for donor mailings, recognition listings, email communication, etc.;
- Ensure data quality and integrity within the database, including the tracking of stewardship activity, updating biographical, contact and recognition information;
- Write and prepare donor communication including stewardship reports, thank you letters, and pledge reminders;
- Oversee the coding of donor deliverables into the database and assist with the monitoring and tracking of the activity.
What you bring:
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and RENXT, specifically in query, export, report functions;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Strong written and oral communicator with the ability to provide information in a concise, easily understandable manner;
- Strategic thinker who can work independently, and manage multiple projects in a high volume, results oriented environment;
- An understanding and commitment to fundraising ethics and donor privacy;
- Acts as a positive influence throughout the organization, fostering a commitment to teamwork and building a climate of professionalism, openness and communication.
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please submit a detailed cover letter and resume with the subject line Development Coordinator to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2019.
Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.