Posted On: 2019-07-02
Closing On: 2019-07-26
Location: Welland, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Associate Director of Development leads major and transformational donor strategy and oversees planning and execution of special and capital campaign fundraising. As a key member of the Foundation’s senior management team, the Associate Director of Development will also play an important role in supporting the President and CEO with strategic planning, budget management and day-to-day operations of the Foundation as required.
The Associate Director of Development role will focus on undertaking consistent and sustained identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of all donors and prospects within an assigned portfolio and initiating new fund raising program ideas. The Associate Director of Development is involved in leading and supporting new initiatives that benefit Niagara Health Foundation and is required to function independently, exercising a considerable amount of initiative, innovation and resourcefulness to carry out Foundation plans. All activities are geared to enhance the community’s positive relationship with the Niagara Health and maximizing the funds raised and received.
- Up to 3 Direct Reports
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountable for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects within a personal portfolio.
- Leads and manages the prospect research activities of the Foundation to identify and incorporate new donors for major giving and community engagement programs
- Engages new community partners, as well as, strengthen and steward relationships with existing partners in order to maximize the funds raised for Niagara Health Foundation including:
- Manage and analyze program results and make appropriate adjustment and recommendations. Monitor progress and changes and keep the leadership team abreast of programs’ financial status.
- Develops necessary materials, proposals, letters, reports and acknowledgements for cultivation and stewardship of donors.
- Obtains and reviews written proposals and major gift agreements from organizations and individuals for approval by the Foundation.
- Effectively communicates and presents the critical financial matters to the President and CEO.
- Manage the overall relationship with the relevant committees and volunteer leadership as appropriate
- Coaches and supports individual team members and ensures regular and consistent guidance.
- Conducts an annual performance review with all team members where required.
- Maintain a high degree of motivation and superior work ethic consistent with the employment philosophy of the Foundation
- Maintains and enhances longstanding relationships with donors. Act as a resource to anyone seeking further information with regards to fundraising initiatives for Niagara Health Foundation.
- Develops new relationships, which will result in new partners fundraising on behalf of Niagara Health Foundation.
- Attends events and handles cheque presentations as appropriate.
- Speaks with confidence to prospective and current donor groups regarding mission, values and
- Arranges for Hospital tours for interested donor/donor groups.
- Facilitates appropriate donor interaction with the Foundation President and CEO, and Leadership team of Niagara Health Foundation.
- Ensures that all organizations and groups are recognized according to the donor recognition vehicles within Niagara Health Foundation for the Niagara Health System.
Administration and Technology
- Ensures timely and accurate maintenance of all gift, solicitation and donor information in Raiser’s Edge database, including tracking and fulfillment of pledges, donor recognition activities, and receipting and timely acknowledgement.
- Assists in regular development meetings to discuss goals and issues relevant to Niagara Health Foundation’s plan as they relate to fundraising initiatives.
- Assist in preparing Department budgets and tracking results, adheres to budget, report through regular reports to the President & CEO
- Monitors expense program budget in accordance with Foundation’s financial goals.
- Participation in a Revenue Development Strategy and develops long-term strategies to grow the revenue base.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree or equivalent management experience/professional accreditation
- CFRE designation preferred.
- At least 5 to 7 years of extensive fundraising management & demonstrated capital campaign experience in a Fundraising environment
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record dealing with major, corporate, and community donors that have multiple levels of stakeholders that require cultivation and stewardship
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate staff teams
- Ability to develop and implement strategic activities and tasks with clear goals and objectives
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organizational goals across the organization including highest standard of ethical practice;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Strong technical/computing skills with experience working with Raiser's Edge fundraising software
- Strong organizational & presentation skills with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- High comfort level and tolerance to manage stress and role demands
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Niagara Health Foundation
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial legislation affecting charities, and charitable status
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only those candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted personally. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Niagara Health Foundation for Niagara Health System.