About the MNjcc:
The Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre is a dynamic hub in downtown Toronto. It provides opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds to be active, to learn, to connect and to participate in a wide range of recreational, educational and cultural experiences. Rooted in Jewish values, the MNjcc is open to all.
Founded in 1953 in the Annex neighbourhood, the MNjcc is home to a 3600-member Fitness Centre, the Al Green Theatre, four schools, four choirs, a wide range of arts and cultural activities, Jewish Life programming, and a robust Active 55+ program. We are committed to removing barriers and being accessible to all who come through our doors including those who are Deaf or experience disabilities.
Are you motivated and passionate about having an impact in the community? Are you looking to take your skills to the next level with a growing team? Join the Miles Nadal JCC as the new Development Manager and help grow contributed revenue and relationships with donors and stakeholders. In this new role, you will be an active contributor in the sustainability and growth of our corporate and foundation donor portfolios, as well as mid-level giving programs. Reporting to the Director of Development, you will drive initiatives to identify, cultivate and solicit philanthropic gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
You have a strong fundraising background, are motivated by a multifaceted work environment and are excited about developing new strategies and programs to meaningfully engage donor participation across a variety of giving opportunities. You are successful at developing tailored proposals and reports that connect with potential partners. You see the value in communication and teamwork and excel at working with multiple teams to develop and deliver on donor commitments and properly steward those gifts.
Our ideal candidate must be proactive, highly organized and self-motivated to move plans into action. You will have the proven ability of building a portfolio of prospective donors resulting in new revenue and have demonstrated success in securing multi-year financial gifts from new partners and in upgrading existing donor commitments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Corporate and Foundation Giving: Develop, implement and manage a growing portfolio of corporate and foundation donors and prospects primarily at the $5,000+ level
- Prospect Management: Oversee day-to-day management of corporate and foundation partnerships, including proposals, reports, fulfillment of agreements, recognition and the necessary administrative and marketing activities related to sponsorship
- Mid-Level Giving: Develop and execute a mid-level giving ($1,000 to $9,999) strategy and program to identify new donor prospects, secure renewals and upgrades from current members, and work with staff in delivering a program of benefits that effectively stewards and engages prospects and donors in meaningful ways
- New Initiatives: Research, create and propose new opportunities for revenue generation and enhance existing programs, including the creation of a Young Patron program with an active committee of volunteers
- Communications: Work collaboratively and creatively with the Marketing and Communications department to appropriately position fundraising opportunities and to tell compelling stories, integrating messages in publications, reports, and collateral materials for cultivating and stewarding donors
- Reporting: Identity and monitor progress and generate reports on metrics including amount raised, number of donors engaged and upgraded to higher giving levels, retention rate, actions and return on investment
- Special Events: Help coordinate cultivation and stewardship events as needed
- Teamwork: Participate actively as a member of the Development team, with colleagues and volunteers to plan and execute fundraising strategies and activities required to grow annual and special project goals
- Other Duties: Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of five (5) years direct fundraising experience complemented by a post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent in a related field.
- Demonstrated success in identifying/cultivating/soliciting new donors and increasing support of existing donors.
- Proven track record of success in securing Corporate and Foundation gifts.
- Excellent understanding of development best practices, as well as fundraising tools and technology including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns, and donor research.
- Ability to manage regular and timely communications and reports to donors.
- Mature, self-disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic coupled with tact, diplomacy, initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Organized self-starter with strong project management skills; ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes, and a results-oriented culture.
- The ability to think strategically and work independently and collaboratively in driving new initiatives or enhancing existing programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication (written/verbal); remain professional under pressure.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills complemented by strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated passion for working in the charitable sector.
- Knowledge of donor management or CRM databases, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- In addition to a salary commensurate with experience, we provide an attractive benefit and vacation package that includes medical/dental, FREE MNjcc Fitness Centre membership, and program discounts.
- Anticipated start date in September 2019.
How to apply:
- Email resume and cover letter indicating where you found the posting to Fallon Butler, Director of Development, at email@example.com by August 16 with the subject: “Application: Development Manager”.
- Please note only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and that interviews may begin before the application deadline. No phone calls, please.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
The MNjcc is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of JCC culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. Please contact David Fielder at: (416) 924-6211 x404; firstname.lastname@example.org; or in person by appointment.